Reply The L Guild Forum
Death Note: things to come!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Battosaika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:59 pm
Hi, I would like to know when/if they are going to be new death note books.(like the bb murder case book) or anything else that's coming out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 am
User Image

I believe the BB Murder Case novel and How To Read 13 have both been translated and released (Will be getting those once I've completed the manga in general. Yay, volume 10, only 2 more volumes now!

And that the anime will finally be released on DVD in the UK in a fortnight. (Yay finally! *dances*).

But that's pretty much all I know, really.

Oh wait.... apparently the Death Note movie comes out in May, and the first will be shown in cinemas for two days... both in the US and the UK! *Dances again*

Here's £5. Buy Osaka something pretty while out killing monstahs.
User Image

Fluffy Inflatable Osaka

Kunoichi21

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:14 pm
I can say that yes, both Death Note: Another Note and How To Read 13 are translated and out in the US right now. (And I have Another Note! It's AMAZING!)

@Osaka: Do you know if it's all cinemas, or select cinemas?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 am
User Image

@Kumochi: I think it's select cinemas... hang on, lemme get both the news report thingies talking about it...

US Release:

animenewsnetwork
Viz Pictures, the film affiliate of the North American publisher Viz Media, has announced that it will screen the first live-action Death Note film in over 300 American theaters through National CineMedia's NCM Fathom on May 20 and 21. Director Shusuke Kaneko adapted Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's supernatural suspense manga into two movies, the first of which will show on those two May evenings at 7:30 p.m. (A release for the second film is listed as "coming soon.") The screening will include a new 20-minute featurette that discusses the movie's production and interviews director Kaneko.

Subscribers of the email newsletter for Viz Media's Shonen Jump magazine can order advance tickets from April 18 to April 20. The general public can purchase tickets starting on April 21. The screenings will use NCM Fathom's high-definition digital presentation system, which was also used for Viz Media's Naruto movie screenings last June.

And the British release... not been confirmed yet, but hopefully it will be in the UK. I'm not flying to America to see it, it's too expensive!
animeuknews

According to an entry on the BBFC website, ILC Entertainment ('ILC Prime' are known for their low budget UK anime DVD releases) are planning to release the first live action Death Note movie in the UK. Also, the awarding of a 12A certificate suggests that a (presumably limited) theatrical run for the movie could be possible (12A is only awarded to films set to be released in UK cinemas). The BBFC page for Death Note suggests that they expect it to "open" on the 25th of April.

Here's £5. Buy Osaka something pretty while out killing monstahs.
User Image

Fluffy Inflatable Osaka

The L Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces