Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Guilty :c

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

save me octopus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:05 pm
today, this is what i ate:

(6:30 am) breakfast - apple, bowl of fiber cereal
(10 ish am) snack - fruit gummies
(4 pm) lunch - rolled up slices of ham and carrots
(8:30 pm) dinner - broccoli, wheat pasta, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.

all i drank was water all day.

and i just ruined a really good diet day by stuffing my face with chocolate frosting (like half a plastic can thing)! as i did yesterday with pudding pie and the day before that with brownies. why must the gods taunt me with chocolate!

so i want to know, how can i prevent this screwing up? i tried the whole 'substitute' food thing with fruit, and all it did was give me calories that didn't satisfy my craving. how can i say no? do i really need to say no, is it really that bad for me to pig out like that? i need better self control x:

(i weight about 210, and i desperately want to get to 170ish by september. my goal by next summer is probably about 135ish, and hopefully one day be down to 120.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:14 pm
well this is what i do (i am a chocolate addict too!)

-use small amounts of chocolate as a reward for a good day. Four small squares won't ruin your diet, and often the taste is what i crave, so i dont need a lot to be satisfied
-dont have chocolate in your house to begin with- if its not there you cant eat it!
-tell your family or the poeple that you are living with that you are trying to loose weight- they can hide or avoid buying the chocolate so you cant screw up
-keep your goal in mind! Every time you see chocolate think about what you want to achieve and why, and just think "nope, i am doing well, i dont need it to feel good. I can have some later if i have a good day, but if not then thats ok too"
-dont beat yourself up. everyone screws up

Thats just what i do ^_^ hope its helpful  

Iconised Ghost

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:59 am
Basic rules of cravings:

1. It's best to eat only healthy foods. You need those. You desire unhealthy foods sometimes. Curb the initial hunger impulse by eating a piece of fruit or having a glass of milk.

2. It's better to eat a small amount of a less-healthy treat than a large amount. If the apple or milk didn't help stifle the urge, try eating three Hershey's Kisses. If you're a Weight Watcher, that's still only one Point, and you've had your chocolate fix. Alternatively, if you go to a Weight Watchers meeting site, they've got one-Point and two-Point bars that contain chocolate; some also have raspberry, caramel, or peanut as well. Not only do they have chocolate, but they also have fiber in them, which makes them both healthier than Hershey's Kisses and also more filling.

3. If you can go from Sunday through Friday without sabotaging your nutritional success plan, give yourself TWO rewards on Saturday. The first should be a small food reward, such as a Smart Ones chocolate dessert, a Weight Watchers ice cream (2 Point) or a single serving of a lower-fat, no-sugar-added ice cream, such as Breyer's. Non-fat Breyer's Double-Churned, sweetened with Splenda, is only about 3 points for a half-cup serving, and is delicious. The second reward should be non-food: a movie, a new nail polish, wearing your favorite outfit, finding a new way to fix your hair, or a day out with friends (focus on social activities rather than eating).

I started at 227 pounds and got down to 180 in six months, so your goal of reaching 170 by September is realistic.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:04 pm
oooo and when you go to get food, trying having a drink first- water or whatever you are allowed. Sometimes i get up to get food when actually i am not hungry, just bored ^_^ so by having water i dont eat something i shouldnt or dont need, but i satisfy my boredom ^_^  

Iconised Ghost

Kay-VW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:01 am
Ah, chocolate, so sweet and delicious, but yet not very good for you. Lol, I'm a chocolate lover. Chocolates good, but not really when your trying to lose weight. I need to eat less chocolate.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 am
When I crave chocolate, I eat a Slimfast bar. They taste really good, and most of them have some sort of chocolate in them. Slimfast bars either come in meals-on-the-go (220calories) or snack bars (140calories). I usually have one midday between my lunch and dinner.  

Shady Business

save me octopus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:18 pm
i discovered that chewy bars work very well as well!

even though they aren't organic, i still eat a 25% less sugar chewy bar with chocolate chips, and it works!

then again, i'm sure it would be healthier to just eat dark chocolate. that stuff is good for your heart c: plus, there is less of "wtf" in the ingredients.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:41 am
chocolate isn't terrible once in a while (especially dark chocolate, this is actually good for you, in moderation of course) but you need to break the habbit. It sounds like desert is where you are caving. Why don't you try to make it so that you are full before desert time comes around.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games