Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Where did eMo originate?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Torio lll

Militant Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:29 pm
where did eMo came from exactly?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:07 pm
DC hardcore scene in the 80's.  

drkmtn

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:35 pm
LeDesordreCestMoi
And for those who don't know what that is... it was a bunch of punks that were such pussies, that they we're kicked out of punk and forced to make their own genre.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:07 am
i dont have a clue  

Princess_Black_Diamond

LonelyEmo20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:05 am
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi
And for those who don't know what that is... it was a bunch of punks that were such pussies, that they we're kicked out of punk and forced to make their own genre.

kinda agree w/ u on this one.... it did originate in the 80's from punk and hardcore music genre but i dont know if i would put it the way u did 0o... seems cruel and too harsh, but yes understandable stare  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:41 am
LonelyEmo20
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi

kinda agree w/ u on this one.... it did originate in the 80's from punk and hardcore music genre but i dont know if i would put it the way u did 0o... seems cruel and too harsh, but yes understandable stare

I haven't been cruel and harsh against emo in a while, just reminding you all that I'm devils advocate here. ^_^  

Rellik San
Captain

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:54 am
Rellik San
LonelyEmo20
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi

I haven't been cruel and harsh against emo in a while, just reminding you all that I'm devils advocate here. ^_^

everyone knows 2nd wave emo(screamo) is waaay better than emo was.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:45 am
Saito_Style
Rellik San
LonelyEmo20
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi

And everyone knows metal takes a big fat dump on emo anyway. razz  

Rellik San
Captain

Art Payment

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:44 pm
Saito_Style
Rellik San
LonelyEmo20
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi

Not really, only really has 1000 Travels of Jawaharlal and some others.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:55 pm
Rellik San
Saito_Style
Rellik San
LonelyEmo20
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi

And everyone knows metal takes a big fat dump on emo anyway. razz
even korn and slipknot do  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:22 pm
Emo originated from dinosaurs.
Thats why "emo kids" love them.
They are kinda like...the missing link.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:37 pm
Emo is not its own genre. It's too broad to be classified as one. Trust me on this, I read the history of punk rock and the history of indie rock. It did brach off of hardcore and punk. Emo IS emotional hardcore punk. So yes....emo is a sub off of punk....and today it is supposedly the lasting form of punk.

Think of it this way:

scream -------over time-------> emo  

Lunarmatique

Distinct Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:25 am
Kaiser Ryuzaki
Emo is not its own genre. It's too broad to be classified as one. Trust me on this, I read the history of punk rock and the history of indie rock. It did brach off of hardcore and punk. Emo IS emotional hardcore punk. So yes....emo is a sub off of punk....and today it is supposedly the lasting form of punk.

Think of it this way:

scream -------over time-------> emo

Like I said its a bunch of pussies who got kicked out of punk for being whiney little bitches.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:48 am
Moonlight Agony
Saito_Style
Rellik San
LonelyEmo20
Rellik San
LeDesordreCestMoi

Not really, only really has 1000 Travels of Jawaharlal and some others.

I disagree, Screamo has waay better bands Emo only had a few like Heroin, Angel Hair, Rites Of Spring, and then it died down, Screamo on the other hand had bands like Portraits Of Past..., Envy, Orchid, and its still a genre today with bands like Circle Takes The Square, Pygmy Lush, Transistor Transistor, etc...  

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:01 am

I'm just an observer...

That finds the genre/stereotype amusing.

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games