Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
::Dreamer's Art Portfolio::

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26 pm
Now that I have recieved all of my acceptance letters from colleges, I have decided to post my art portfolio here. heart

I am very happy right now, because I'm going to be attending art school in the fall, and I got accepted to all of the schools I applied to, and will happily be attending my first choice in the fall. whee

Despite being done with all of my college application stuff, I would not mind critique. I am going to an art college after all, and always appreciate it when others can point out flaws, so that I may correct them and avoid them in the future, allowing me to grow as an artist and improve my work. 3nodding

As a side note, if anyone here is interested in going to an art college, I will be more than willing to help guide you, and answer any questions which you may have in relation to applications, portfolios, statements of purpose, and whetever else in relation to art school. As an artist, I am always more than willing to help those in my field. heart

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm
Your portfolio is nice. Better than most of those from students at my school. A few quick questions-

What medium is the wooden spoon piece? It keeps tricking my eyes.

I love the ring you made. Are the lowered areas acid-etched? Or is the ring cast? Or did you just layer two rings (one uncut, one cut)?

Have you decided what school you'll be going to? I'm going to be a freshman art student next fall as well. I've thusfar gotten into CCS (Detroit), and SAIC (Chicago). I'm still waiting to hear from MICA (Baltimore).  

GilAskan
Crew

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:24 pm
Nice. I really like the detail of the rat, the spoon, and the guitar. The reflections of the first picture are good too.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am
Thank you both for your kind words! ^_^

GilAskan: The wooden spoon is actually wood and the moon desgin of the ring is made of two peices of silver soldered together.

As far as my school, I'll be going to MassArt.

Do you know what your major is going to be yet? As it stands now, I'm majoring in fashion design.  

DreamerSpirit

Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff