Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Making art theft legal.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loli haet...
  ...US GOVERNMENT.
View Results

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:42 am
Rulin' ya universes...

Click, bitchez.

What can I say?
They've gone too damn ******** THE LAW. I could care less about what the government thinks, because you know what?
If I draw a picture, it's mine and no-one elses, and if I see it stolen, that person will SUFFER.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:14 am
How can they allow this? gonk If someone created something, it's their's - unless they've given it to somebody else. They're just letting people get away with theft. If someone steals something, you can't just let them get away with it. If someone stole from a shop, home, etc. they would punish them for it. Why should this be any different? stressed  

Honourable123

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:32 pm
I can't entirely view this with an artist's outrage, but even as an outsider I still think it's pretty stupid. I think using art for RPCs and such is generally pretty harmless and shouldn't deserve lawful punishment, but an artist should always have the legal right to ask someone to stop.

And the system is just.. ********. If someone grabs a picture, knowing full well where it's from, and uploads it to Photobucket -- then it's "acceptably abandoned" to the point where the artist no longer holds any claim on it? Bullshit. That's like saying if someone stole the Mona Lisa right from its wall and threw it into a back alley, whoever finds it there has the right to take it back home and hang it up and charge people to look at it. D:  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games