Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Rice Cracker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lost-In-Words

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:33 pm
Mmkay, I don't come here a lot, but I thought this would be the best place to share this!

Just as background for my story, I'm half Japanese, and a bunch of other things, including Irish, and basically a bunch caucasian (sp?) things. My skin isn't yellow, but it isn't white either, so it's just a light tan.

Well, in my math class on Friday, we gave bubbles to this one guy, and he was acting like a little kid and blowing bubbles at everyone, especially these other two asian kids in my class, who didn't like the bubbles being blown at them and basically on the brink of really freaking out.

And so, the guy with the bubbles and some other guys started talking about how asians were afraid of bubbles. And I spoke out, "Hey, I'm asian and I'm not afraid of bubbles!" And this one guy was like, "You're asian?" And I said yeah. And then a few more things were said, and then I got called an "Asian Cracker," which was a new one to me because I've never considered myself a "cracker." And when I told my parents about this, they started talking about how I could be a "Rice Cracker." I thought it was hilarious!

Has anyone had something funny like this that they've been called?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:50 pm
lmao xD
i dont get called anything, but i guess its a good thing for me.

Sesshomaruka

Oreo in Coffee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:26 pm
lol. funny racism? haha. well crackers are the slang term for white people. ((not trying to be racist)) so i guess that being a "rice cracker" would be being an asian american? lol idk.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:42 pm
Haha me and my asian friends joke around all the time. Apparently I'm a banana, white on the inside, yellow on the outside. I don't really understand, but I'm having a stupid day. lol.  

~.Kaarii.~

Lost-In-Words

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:35 pm
@ Sesshomaruka: I never really have either before last Friday, the only other thing was this guy called me a coconut because I have dark hair and I'm blonde on the inside. Lol, something to that point.

@ Oreo in Coffee: I know, and it cracked me up because I've never considered myself white before, but I guess I am if I think about it.

@ ~.Kaarii.~: My dad was called a banana when he was in school, but basically what it means is that even though you're asian, you act more like the whites you grew up with? Lol, something to that point, if it makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:38 pm
Oh~! Yea, some kid in the 1st grade, he was asain, he was making fun of my name. Then he came up with the idea of "Oreo."
I don't know how, but just did.
I want to be called a RiceBall though, or a cute little japanease nickname of a dog!!! Like Hachiko! ;3;

NinteyDegrees_South

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:42 pm
I heard being called a certain type of snack food is a big deal.

rofl.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:15 am
lol i have never been called that, but my friend said that i look the same as other asian -_-'''  

lido0l-dwag0ns

Lost-In-Words

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:53 pm
Lol. Oreo? That's a new one.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:55 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Another variation on the Banana thing is a Coconut. That's for tanner Asians. At least you haven't been called a twinky. Yellow on the outside, but white on the inside. Just like banana. My friend is white on the outside, but yellow on the inside, so I guess he's a... an inside out banana?
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out