Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Advice from a Caterpillar
Party

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Psychotic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:31 pm
Ok, so I'd really like to have an Alice In Wonderland themed tea party in the summer. My mother should be making me an Alice dress, and I'd like to get some of my friends to dress up and go for a picnic or just have a picnic in my garden.
I'd love to bake cookies, make sandwiches and serve lemonade or tea and the like.
Do you have any ideas, right down to food, drinks and even a design for invitations maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:50 pm
<~[x] [x] [x]
Here are some ideas for pictures in the invites.

[x] [x] [x] [x]
And here are some of my favorite recipe spots.~>

Noxious Weed

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Lady Psychotic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 pm
Wow, thanks. Some of these are really pretty. It's going to be so much fun!
I haven't checked out the recipe sites yet because I should probably get some sleep, I'll look tomorrow though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:48 pm
Ooh... you know what would be cool..? If you made it kinda a show party... you know, like have an actual white rabbit they have to follow to the place the party will be?

Theming it to be the Mad hatter's tea area is the first that comes to my unimaginative mind, of course. xd

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:18 pm
This is a really cute and awesome idea. You know, a few of my friends have already done something very much like this! We've taken the story and twisted it around to have some crazy-awesome plot twists and character reconstructions... I'm the Queen of Hearts ^-^ Trust me, this is going to be so fun. You should definitely get your friends to dress up, and like Fairlee said, have it sort of like interactive theatre where some of your closer friends are dressed up like the Hatter and the White Rabbit, etc.!

Serve tea, scones, biscuits, and make it like a real tea party. And don't forget: LOTS OF COLOR!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:32 pm
My friend is doing a cosplay outfit and I said if it was blue and had an apron it would be Alice's outfit I can get you a picture and instrutions!  

Dance Sakura

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 pm
I'm moving this thread to the Advice subforum, just in case someone else has the same dilemma. (:

Oh, and my character got switched from the Queen (now I'm Alice) and we all worked really hard on costumes... my main suggestion? Home-make everything you can. A costume painstakingly put together from various pieces, in my opinion, looks much better than one bought from a store.

Advice from a Caterpillar

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games