Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
For Once, Losing Is The Ideal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is a poll.
  OMG! LYK SRSLY? o.o
View Results

Psychotic_Psychic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:54 am
So I've been feeling very unsatisfied with myself lately in regards to my personal health. It's time to change that, because I have two very large goals in mind:

1. Lose 20-30 pounds by August 1 (in preparation for Otakon).
2. Lose 30-35 pounds by September 1 (in preparation for going to Japan for a semester).

I will be cosplaying for the first time this year in Otakon, and while weight isn't everything, I'll definitely feel better about myself if I have to carry less weight around. The same goes for Japan; while I know I'll be losing weight while over there since I'll be doing lots of walking, I want to already be as fit as possible before I go.

Here are my preparations thus far, and promises to myself:

Diet-wise:
1. Sodas and desserts are reserved for Friday-Sundays only. The only exception to this is a birthday party.
2. As an add-on to that, add less sugar to tea. You really don't need that much to make it taste good, especially for your favorite brand. D<
2. Fast food is a no-no. This is relatively easy, since I haven't touched any in over a month, but I figured I'd put it here anyway.
3. More fruits and veggies than meat. I'm leaning toward the idea of becoming semi-vegetarian, but we'll have to see on that score.

Exercise:
1. I currently exercise only 2 times a week, with light yoga. This will up to 4-5 times a week, alternating.
1a. Yoga at least twice a week, and swimming or other cardio at least twice a week for half an hour at the minimum.
2. Find a good way to tone while I lose the weight.
3. Walk more; take the bus to school instead of drive (it's a half mile walk to my bus stop).

Journal-wise:
1. Post in here at least once a week to report any and all progress.

More will be added as I consider more options.

Want to be a losing weight buddy? PM me! If nothing else we can chat and trade ideas. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:06 am
The Icky Stats, Or The Beginning:

Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
Weight: 193 pounds (ouch >.< )
Eventual overall goal: 143 pounds

Psychotic_Psychic

Psychotic_Psychic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:42 am
Check in time!

Five days and not a single craving for soda. At all. biggrin I just reach for a water glass whenever I first feel hungry/want soda, and it usually takes care of any problems I might have.

And the telling result: 191 pounds as of noon today. biggrin Whee!

I should check on my measurements at some point too. *Nods* I'll try to do that next week.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:34 pm
Check in time again!

Results for the week are: 190 pounds. Well, it says 189.8, so I'm rounding up to 190 to be on the safe side.

Everything's feeling pretty good so far. Again, I forgot to do measurements. Bah. I'll see if I can do that later. But whatever. I can tell I'm making a difference.

I'm feeling muscles like whoa in my thighs, thanks to both my yoga and my elliptical training. Whee! Also, I'm noticing a bit more defined muscle in my upper arms.

Not much, but it's progress. Three pounds down in two weeks!

Now the plan is: I've been working out twice a week, so I'm going to bump it up to 3. MWF is the ideal, though I might go on Thursdays too if I'm not too achey.

Sadly, tonight I had my first soda since the 1st of April. But I'm not TOO upset, because hey! I did good! biggrin  

Psychotic_Psychic

Psychotic_Psychic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 am
Check in time again!

Down to 189.0 pounds. Whoo! So far so good.

I've upped my calorie burnings from about 400 a week to maybe 900, since I was doing that anyway. I'm not wearing myself out; I'm always eager to go and work out, but I know my limits. If I'm doing cardio, I stop after thirty minutes. I work out plenty of times a week, so I'm not worried about that. I'll start upping things when it gets to be too easy, that's all.

I'm really happy with how things are going, and I'm enjoying the workouts a great deal. Slow and steady is the key, I know. But now the real work starts; I beat the 190s, but now I have to get out of the 180s.

I'll get there. I know I will.

Muscles are more evident in my upper arms, and my calves/legs in general are looking awesome. The thighs are still big, but hey, I'm working on that.

I'm now working out four times a week.

No soda at all this week. Yay! Though I had Chinese food twice because I'm stupid like that. D< Need to stop that.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games