Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Vera [ Advanced ] IN NEED OF CRITIQUE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rezzim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:29 pm
One trick I learned when I was obsessed with PNGs (they look so much nicer on the web than JPEGs) is that you can save it as a PNG in Photoshop, then open it up in Paint (yes, MSPaint) and save it again without changing anything or changing just a single pixel and you'll get a smaller file without losing any quality.

If you don't want to do that, of course make sure you're working at a higher resolution.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:48 pm
Here is a quick draw-over I did for you. I mainly added some highlights and some shadows to her face. I hope it helps.  

loontje

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:06 am
loontje
Here is a quick draw-over I did for you. I mainly added some highlights and some shadows to her face. I hope it helps.
I'm going to butt in and ask how it helps seeing as there are no marks, notes, or anything to explain why the changes should be made.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:09 pm
Errol McGillivray
loontje
I'm going to butt in and ask how it helps seeing as there are no marks, notes, or anything to explain why the changes should be made.

Feel free to butt in at any time. I added highlights to the hair because hair usually has very sharp highlights. I added a brighter highlight to her
lip because it would make her lips look glossy and more realistic. I made the highlight in her eye white instead of green, because white highlights in eyes always seem to work for me... and last but not least I added more dramatic shading to her face because it brings more contrast to this picture and makes it stand out more. Hopefully this explains everything enough.... Feel free to disagree with me as well as butt in haha.  

loontje

oVera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 pm
loontje
Errol McGillivray
loontje

Feel free to butt in at any time. I added highlights to the hair because hair usually has very sharp highlights. I added a brighter highlight to her
lip because it would make her lips look glossy and more realistic. I made the highlight in her eye white instead of green, because white highlights in eyes always seem to work for me... and last but not least I added more dramatic shading to her face because it brings more contrast to this picture and makes it stand out more. Hopefully this explains everything enough.... Feel free to disagree with me as well as butt in haha.
Well, for the hair, I could try adding more highlights, but just not so drastically.
And I personally don't really like the skin very much. There should be midtones as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:45 pm
loontje
Errol McGillivray
loontje

I don't disagree with with what you're saying when you actually say it. wink  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Viceregal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:31 am
loontje

In future it would be better to state what you feel could use help rather than simply augmenting the original artists picture yourself.
You want to help the artist learn - not do the work for them! whee

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces