Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Toy industry chauvinism. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuck.
  ...I don't see the problem...
  I don't really have an opinion on this.
  Now where did I put that baseball bat...?
View Results

ffdarkangel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:19 am
I actually liked my barbies. I ripped off a head of one once. Ken always got tortured because he was ugly. The two girls made out. Yeah...loads of little girls are doing this. My sister did it with two guys from the bratz collection because the girls are ugly, as you mentioned above. They are creating future yaoi and yuri fangirls. Its only a matter of time before they move on.

Besides that, I think these dolls are created because of the "perfectionist syndrome". It is where parents want little girls and boys to be perfect. They want them to get perfect grades, go to church two times a week, play sports, and play an instrument at the same time. It already spread to major cities! Contain it before it spreads to the country!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:48 am
ffdarkangel
I actually liked my barbies. I ripped off a head of one once. Ken always got tortured because he was ugly. The two girls made out. Yeah...loads of little girls are doing this. My sister did it with two guys from the bratz collection because the girls are ugly, as you mentioned above. They are creating future yaoi and yuri fangirls. Its only a matter of time before they move on.

That's awesome. xd

I guess Bratz are good for something, then?  

Scatterheart

Anxious Lunatic

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 pm
I hate these trends in toys. D:
I think they're encouraging a shift in young girl's attitudes; there seem to be a strange amount of them who act cheeky or, indeed, brattish. I notice it when around the estate my friend lives on, I noticed it when queing in an airport (damn, I wanted to correct that child's behaviour somehow) and it's pretty obvious when out and about.
The dolls look positively sluttish, and I fear for the future. O.O The social trends are also evident if you were to look at, say, the fact that my school is switching to ankle length skirts (while still keeping the trousers, thank god) to combat rolling the damn things up so short they're more like belts. DDD:

On my part, I remember having a box full of barbies and one of those house whotsits with a lift, but I draw a blank about actually playing with them. I remember being obsessed with the Pocahontas one, though. (Was there a barbie for that or am I imagining things?) I'm not even sure if I had any Ken. O.o
I do remember running around, jumping over benches pretending to be a Pokemon, though, and being SO insane about Robot Wars. I got a magazine subscription and all the neat figurines with the moveable parts, I used to watch the show every time it was on. Home-made remote control robot clashes? Epic!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 am
ffdarkangel

Besides that, I think these dolls are created because of the "perfectionist syndrome". It is where parents want little girls and boys to be perfect. They want them to get perfect grades, go to church two times a week, play sports, and play an instrument at the same time. It already spread to major cities! Contain it before it spreads to the country!
Rulin' ya universes...

smile I ripped the head off my stupid ken doll. it was a diver ken who changed colours in water for some reason... and his head was made from rubber biggrin So I kinda ripped it off and kept it. It's a great childhood memory *nostalgic sigh* My barbies were all asexual... xD I made them beat up ken.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas