[=I=] Emperor's tax refunds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your opinion
  Good
  Bad
  Always room for.. (see my feedback below)
View Results

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:14 pm
Inquisitor Victoria gave the governor a stern look as she awaited the return of the governor's aide. All the while the governor himself was sweating bullets, clearly at a severe state of unease. Not just because of the inquisitor's eyes boring into him like melta beams, but also because of her retinue of warriors flanking her. Several tense minutes passed before the aide stumbled into the office again, overburdened with piles of documents. With a thump they were dumped on the desk and the aide scurried off again, glad to be out of the hostile room. She eyed the pile of documents once, snapped her fingers and resumed glaring at the governor.

From behind the warriors came a slight man with large magnifying glasses over his eyes, quickly shuffling towards the documents. With a cheerful nod to the governor he went to work. Her scribe poured over the documents in high speed, scanning them at a dozen seconds per page, his augmented brain reducing the data on them to information. All the while the tension in the room seemed to grow tenser and tenser. Each page done brought forth a small nasal sound of confirmation. All seemed well until the scribe reached the final page.

'Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. Mhmno. Now wait just a moment..'

He presented the paper to inquisitor Victoria, who gave it a piercing gaze like a laser cutting through a diamond. It was all the evidence she needed.

'You foul heretic!' She pulled out her inferno pistol and her loyal retinue followed suit, pulling out and powering their own sidearms, the scribe scooting back behind the protective wall of flak and carapace armour. She held up the documents, scattering them to the ground in disgust. 'These tax refunds of the Emperor's tithes do not match!'

+ + +

Something I came up with when my lass was asking around for good Inquisitor story hooks and plot angles. Someone suggested something along the lines of the Taros campaign, which revolved around mismatched tithes and taxes but blew up into a full scale war with aliens.

So what if the Inquisition was to inspect the governor's tax papers? For fun I wrote the girl in as the Inquisitor in question, along with some cheesy over the top descriptions.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:54 pm
Good short bit of fic. Word choice could be a little better, but it was an entertaining story.  

Ahriman the Deceiver

Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff