Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
WOstock

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WOstock...
  ...like a Rolling Stone.
View Results

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My school holds a two-night concert every year called WOstock. (WO are the initials for my school's name.) xD The tickets cost $10 (which is a REALLY good price, because it would normally cost over $100 to see all of these bands) and they help raise money for computers for students in Africa. Each night bands play from 6:00 - "11:30" but it usually runs to around 1:00 am. xD We're the only high school in the United States to do this, and a lot of people come from different states to attend and stuff. whee Most of the bands are local from around here or within the state, but some bands even come from different states! <3 The main hallway of my school becomes a band merch shop during WOstock, and you can buy shirts, CDs, hoodies, buttons, and other stuff from the band members themselves, so you get to talk to a lot of well known guys in bands! <3

Last night was the first night.
I got to see all of these bands:
(bold = my favorite ones.)

The Vandrie
Shandora
Jesse Stoel
Denial
Confusion Blues
U.C. Losers
Danny Fey
The FlowBs
Happy Hour
NB3
Bless You Boys
D-Ave.
Simien The Whale
MoHotta
Ports of Aidia
The Waiting
Note-Orious
Lay of the Cid
The Skies Revolt
Eclectric
CTB and the US of L
Nathan Kalish and the Wildfire

Tonight is the second night.
I'm going to see all of these bands tonight:

Contra
Pieces of Fire
Outraged
ASJ
Dear Geppetto
Tobaganing for California
Black Tie
Fletch
Beyond the Gates
Jon Fegel
The Fair Divide
We Know Jackson
Adrian Wilson
Comlag Music
Automatic A
Game Over
La Dispute
Duffy
Maywood Ave.
Good Luck Varsity
Shock
Chris Shanafelt

(I don't expect you guys to know any of these bands, but if you do, I'm impressed!)

Ahh! It's so much fun! I wish you guys could just all come with me. xD

I was talking to the guitarist of The Skies Revolt, and I told him that last year at WOstock he signed my CD and he wrote, "Cortney is the best!" in it. He was like, "...well...you're still the best." heart 4laugh AHH. I love the Skies Revolt. They were so good last night! (it was like, my hundreth billion time seeing them, but it just never gets old to me. xD)

I also talked to Ports of Aidia quite a bit, which is another one of my favorite bands. The bassist is named Tyler, and my boyfriend's name is Tyler and he plays bass, so my boyfriend got quite a kick out of that and talked to him for like, a looonggg time. Last year when I saw them, I only had $8 on me and I really wanted to buy one of their shirts that was like, $15 or something, and they let me get it for $8. I told them that I still wear it all the time. xD They even made me get a small when I was going to buy a medium, so I thanked them for making me get the small because it fits really good, Ha. Haha. And I kept bugging the drummer to give me a drumstick but the the drummer put them back in his van and he didn't feel like going outside because it was super duper cold and he had his shirt off. <33 Mm. This is Chris...(the drummer)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I guess just talking to him was awesome. It was my second time talking to him this year. <3

Tonight I'm mostly excited to see La Dispute, just because they are AMAZING live, and they are super nice. 4laugh I'm going to buy a hoodie or a shirt from them tonight. <3 I'm so excited to talk to them again! Ahh.

And I can't wait to talk to The Fair Divide because he's ADORABLE and last year he signed my CD and I talked to him for like, an hour. <3 Ahh. Haha. He was shaking when he signed my CD last year. He was really nervous. It was cute, ha.

Tralala.
I'll tell you guys how tonight goes when I get back tonight or tomorrow. <3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:49 pm
I know Fletch, but not any of the other ones. You got to see them? More than once? surprised I'm jealous.
They opened for Panic, y'know! heart

Also, that sound totally amazing! Your school is so cool. I wish there was something like that over here... or that I could go with you! And it's even for a good cause, that's awesome.

Mann that's so cool domokun heart

Polyphonic Twilight

Other Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces