Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Maple Story n00b. D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:55 pm
I played MS a while back, but I messed up while leveling, quit about a year ago, then came back and made a new character yesterday.

I wanted to level right this time, but every guide that I've looked at gives different approaches on applying your SP for magicians. I would greatly appreciate it if any oldbies could tell me which technique worked best for them.

Also, I'm in Broa. So if any other low levels wanted to train together I'd love to have somebody to talk to for once, haha... XD

Eh, disclosure: I'm not sure if making a thread like this in the open forum is against the rules, don't hurt me. D:  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:01 pm
Guides can be written by anybody. They can also be REALLY outdated. You need to know what to do at this point in time, not what was best in Aug 07.

The best thing to do would be to search FM for a while and really politely ask a high level (12x+) magician for advice on how to allocate your SP and otherwise build your character. A lot of high levels will not talk to a lvl 10, but if you ask properly, eventually one will and that's all you need. I was taught Spearman by a lvl 134 DK, (Vegeta80,) and Bowman by a lvl 168 Ranger, (Anarii.) They do not mind sharing their knowledge if you're polite. And if they are in a hurry, then there's always another high level someone out there who will help you. Also, if you make a good enough impression, you will be permitted to contact the person again if you have more questions, (just don't message too much becuase they're always training.) Vegeta80 ended up in my guild, though most other people there were 3x.

Though I personally never reached past lvl 84, I knew and was respected by people as high as 18x on my server. Being a lvl 10 who is mature and polite will in some ways get you further than a lvl 16x who is a total a*****e. Obviously, a lvl 10 cannot Zakum, but a 16x who's an a*****e is not fun to Zakum with.

No guide can offer you as much perspective and breadth as a person who has leveled a magician to 12x and beyond. Such a person not only has lvled his own character, he will know a lot of other people who have done the same. If there are various builds, strategies, and issues you need to know, he'll tell you in 15 minutes. Just be sure to keep a piece of paper handy, because you'll need to take notes. Also, a guide will not let you ask questions, but a person will.  

Breadist

Writer

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces