Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
ahem, easter chocolate, what to do...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:53 am
How do you, well, you know, get through easter without eating chocolate. I mean, every other holiday, I can do without a lot of the food. Turkey is lean, and I keep to the veggies and dip at X-Mas, but, easter is all about chocolate, it's hard to avoid. Basically, the way I see it, you don't need to cut chocolate out of your life forever. So, for this one special occasion, I eat a bit. ok, I guess a lot, but not as much as most people. Ever since I was 16 and I stopped the easter egg hunt (had to go to work sad ) my mom has picked me up a bag of belgian chocolate. 300-600g of good quality chocolate isn't so bad. Right now I'm eating chocolate cranberries! Plus I'm going to walk my dog soon so he's calm for the car ride to my grandparents.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:15 am
On holidays and birthdays and such I don't even worry about a diet. I just try to eat sensibly and not stuff myself, so I indulge a little in chocolate during easter. I just space it out. I figure that wrapped chocolate is good for a fairly good amount of time, so I'll be eating little treats here and there for the next few weeks. It's all about moderation. Enjoy yourself a bit and don't deny yourself, but add in a bit more exercise than usual, and don't eat alot of sugar all at once.  

lenady

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:32 pm
Same here, its a holiday, and it was also my birthday, so I gave up on the diet. Its only for about a 4 day period, and everyone deserves a break. I just try to not to eat until I am absolutely stuffed, which means that i dont eat too much chocolate mrgreen chocolate is my ultimate weakness and ive cut it out of my diet for a while now so I think im allowed to enjoy this one holiday  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:36 am
I have ethical worries about fairtrade chocolate as well as wories about calories, so this year I said i didnt want over packaged cheap eggs-a-plenty, I asked for teh Green and Blacks organic mini bar collection. Only 180g of chocolate in 12 different flavoured bars.
Luxury means I only eat one a day, plus most o it is dark chocolate so it is more chocolaty with less sugar. Their big bars are good too - dark chocolate and cherry heart A-mazing!  

Hide Nothing

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:07 am
Hide Nothing
I have ethical worries about fairtrade chocolate as well as wories about calories, so this year I said i didnt want over packaged cheap eggs-a-plenty, I asked for teh Green and Blacks organic mini bar collection. Only 180g of chocolate in 12 different flavoured bars.
Luxury means I only eat one a day, plus most o it is dark chocolate so it is more chocolaty with less sugar. Their big bars are good too - dark chocolate and cherry heart A-mazing!

This is a really good way of being, I've got a diet book (it's the french women don't get fat) that says exactly that. When you have luxury, you shouldn't need the same volume that North Americans usually end up stuffing into their faces.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games