Reply Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}
Star Trek

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:21 pm
From August last year, I began watching Star Trek solidly in my spare time from the beginning of The Next Generation (I've gone through all seven seasons of it), moved onto Deep Space Nine (watching all seven season of that) and I've just finished watching the third season of Voyager. cool

When I was about 7 or 8, I used to watch episodes of Star Trek with my uncle whenever I stayed over at his place. It was mostly The Next Generation. Later on, I would find out about the other series and take a slight interest in them. Now, however, I've made it one of my life goals to see all the Star Trek series, and quite possibly all the films as well. I don't know when I turned into such a trekkie! redface

Star Trek in general appeals to my intellectual imagination/curiosity as well as showing clearly the spectrum and dimensions of the human condition; from good to bad, physical to spiritual, logical to illogical, and so on. I'm finding the idea of Vulcan logic attractive, to say the least, and I'm concerned it might interfere with my faith. Still, I want to find out more about logic and pursue it to its end. 3nodding

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their views on the shows/films and discuss their interest in it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:08 am
Hey there!

Star Trek... bahahahah... I used to watch it with my uncle as well! blaugh Hmm... really, when it comes to television shows messing with your faith, just make sure you stay on top. I'm not gonna tell you to quit it, because that's lame. xd

Just make sure you keep a spot in your mind for reality and what isn't. If it is becoming a reality, then make sure you know where God stands in your life.

x unobstructed pencil x

Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff