Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:48 am
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:54 am
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the whole, pull pin, throw pin, that was amusing as crap, I don't know, the badguy throwing one and you catching it and throwing it back was amusing too and I think made up for the pin problem  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:47 pm
I could take on a vamp I believe. If it were the case too, then it would create a whole other job for some Immortals to actually do in their spare time. Vampire Hunting Immortals, all vamps beware.

I do see what you are saying Gaston, that an Immortal is still subject to all things that would kill a human even in their Immortal state. So it does make sense that an Immortal/Vamp hybrid would still feel the effects of sunlight and die as would a Were-Immortal feel the effects of silver. Still though, it all depends on which vampire/werewolf mythology you choose to believe.

For example, the vampires of Moonlight and even from Kindred the Embraced, can withstand sunlight, but it can and does weaken them and can even kill them if kept in the sun for too long. In this instance, I would say that a Vamp/Immortal would also become weakened, but with his Immortal blood, he may be able to withstand it slightly longer than an average vampire perhaps?

And then again, with other mythologies, vampires burst into flame and are reduced to ash in the sunlight. My question is would this be exactly the same for an Immortal-turned-vampire? Off the top of my head, I can't quite remember if there were any instance where an Immortal actually died in a fire and thus lost his head after being burned up. Then again, if the vamp is so flammable, then the Immortal hybrid would probably do the same. I'm not quite sure.

As for the Werewolf instance, from what I understand of werewolf mythologies, the reason why silver bullets and blades, etc. are so effective against werewolves is due to the fact that silver is like a poison for them. In all cases where an Immortal is poisoned, whether through consuming a poison, breathing it, or it being injected, the Immortal rises again, the poison having been mysteriously purged from the body on the point of reawakening or resurrection as you put it (i.e. Xavier St. Cloud episodes and his student later on). We have also seen instances of Immortals Reawakening after being shot with the bullet never having been removed (i.e. Duncan first showing Tessa about him being Immortal and countless other examples). So with a Were-Immortal, would said creature Reawaken after being shot for a time and then slowly be poisoned once more till it died again until the bullet was removed or what? I think it is interesting to consider.

As for whether an Immortal can become a Vamp or Werewolf after already being an Immortal, I'm not quite sure of that. Personally it would make more sense to me if one became such a hybrid only after having received the disease and dying and Reawakening as an Immortal hybrid thus making them all the more rare in such a world.

As for diseases, it was always my understanding that Immortals were immune to disease as well as old age after becoming Immortal, thus denying the possibility of an Immortal turning into a Vamp after their First Death if you consider vampirism or lycanthropy a disease for that matter. (see Wikipedia definition of Immortal (Highlander) for instance).

Whatever you believe though, it is of course the imaginary world of RPing anyways, so it would ultimately be up to the RPer to establish the rules of course.

As for the comment about yours and Ghost's recent RP experience, I have four words expressed by a common acronym: ROFL!!! rofl rofl rofl  
Kratos Krisna rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 10, 4, 9, 1, 10, 6, 5, 4 Total: 59 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 am
Gabriel_Alex
I had an interesting thought and decided to put it to a question.

I know in the Highlander series and movies there are technically no such things as vampires or werewolves or other mythical creatures. But suppose if there were? What would happen if an Immortal was bitten by a vampire before their first death? Would that person then become a sort of Immortal Vampire? Just a thought to get creative juices going. Naturally, I would suspect that a vampire bite or a werewolf bite would do nothing to an Immortal in their immortal state, but what if.

What do you think. Keep in mind, I am no gothic, I-love-vampire nut either who goes around cutting their wrist to drink blood or anything. I do like Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as the show Moonlight. So I just wanted to see what you'd think if that particular circumstance were thrust into the Highlander universe.
Vampire mythology has been evolving for thousands of years, and buffy, blade, moonlight, True Blood, and even Twilight all descend from from movies about Dracula, originally published in 1897. Most mythologies I have encountered say little to nothing about turning, and are used for everything from Xenophobia, to explaining plagues, to reminders of dark chapters of local history. The Dearg-Dul of Ireland, cited as Probable inspiration to Irishman Bramm Stoker, incorporate grisly facets of the Great Potato Famine. If immortals encountere vampires, any historical justice would have conflicting or confusing canon. Also, various prolific human killers, like the "Tennessee Vampire" (I don't know if I've gotten that name right) have done graphic things with blood, like killing dozens of people to drink their fluids, because they wre convinced they were running out of their own. Just something to think about.  

Kratos Krisna

2,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Gathering: A Highlander Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items