Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
The Leak Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:49 am
The album is officially out here, so I think it's okay for me to listen to the whole thing now!

"We're So Starving" is playing right now. Part of me wants to skip straight to the songs I haven't heard yet... but the first time I hear the album HAS to be in order. So. I'll just be patient xp heart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:04 am
The first "new" song for me!!!
"I Have Friends In Holy Spaces"

It sounds like.. something. But I don't know what.
I guess like music from an old tv show, but with Brendon singing along. And his voice sounds distant to me sweatdrop Oh and wow it's over already surprised
Hmm. Not my favorite song so far xp Even if Brendon did write it himself...

"Northern Weather" is pretty 4laugh

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:48 pm
Dudeee. Like. I feel so different about this album than A Fever. I remember when I first got A Fever, and like, I had favorite songs. I liked all of the songs, but I was completely in love with some of them. For Pretty. Odd., I don't feel like I have favorites yet. I just love all of them. All the songs are really good. I don't have to switch it to certain songs, I can just play through the whole album. <3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:45 am
I almost always play A Fever all the way through, and if iTunes shuffles to one of the songs on it, I usually turn end up turning shuffle off so it'll play the rest domokun xp

But I know what you mean about favorites on Pretty. Odd.
None of them really stand out, because all of them really stand out.

Listening the first time, there were songs I liked less than other songs... but listening a second time, it was exactly those songs that I liked more. And listening a million times, I love each song equally.

My brother asked me which album was better... and how am I supposed to answer that? I honestly love them both. Plus, I think there's just no comparing Pretty. Odd. to A Fever since they're so incredibly different.

I'm definitely not disappointed, I'm definitely proud of Panic, and I'm definitely looking forward to what they'll come up with next. At this point I feel like I have no expectations for Panic, except greatness. Like if they're next album was a mix of metal and classical music, I wouldn't even be surprised... but I think they would somehow make it work and make it amazing.

Polyphonic Twilight

tattoo fish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:25 am
tattoo fish

Would you be surprised if it was funky fresh Arabian-Country-Rap? xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:11 pm
tattoo fish
tattoo fish

LOL OMG, THAT WOULD BE FLIPPIN' HILARIOUS.
rofl

But can anyone explain to me what exactly is going on...? o_o;;
Songs from their new album leaked onto the internet or something?  

Bilvy

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:49 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
I almost always play A Fever all the way through, and if iTunes shuffles to one of the songs on it, I usually turn end up turning shuffle off so it'll play the rest domokun xp

But I know what you mean about favorites on Pretty. Odd.
None of them really stand out, because all of them really stand out.

Listening the first time, there were songs I liked less than other songs... but listening a second time, it was exactly those songs that I liked more. And listening a million times, I love each song equally.

My brother asked me which album was better... and how am I supposed to answer that? I honestly love them both. Plus, I think there's just no comparing Pretty. Odd. to A Fever since they're so incredibly different.

I'm definitely not disappointed, I'm definitely proud of Panic, and I'm definitely looking forward to what they'll come up with next. At this point I feel like I have no expectations for Panic, except greatness. Like if they're next album was a mix of metal and classical music, I wouldn't even be surprised... but I think they would somehow make it work and make it amazing.

That's the first thing I thought of when I got done listening through Pretty. Odd. all the way through!

What next?!

Like, how can they change that much? Nothing could suprise us, now. Like, I have no idea what they are going to do with their third album. (I probably shouldn't be thinking about that so soon. We have a couple more years to wait for that. xD)

The only song on Pretty. Odd. that I can actually compare to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is "Pas De Cheval" (I hope I spelled that right.) I don't know why, but that song sort of reminds me of "But It's Better."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:08 pm
Bilvy
tattoo fish
tattoo fish

LOL OMG, THAT WOULD BE FLIPPIN' HILARIOUS.
rofl

But can anyone explain to me what exactly is going on...? o_o;;
Songs from their new album leaked onto the internet or something?

They didn't really "leak." It was on purpose.
MTV just calls it The Leak.
Click.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:34 am
PrimeOdd
That's the first thing I thought of when I got done listening through Pretty. Odd. all the way through!

What next?!

Like, how can they change that much? Nothing could suprise us, now. Like, I have no idea what they are going to do with their third album. (I probably shouldn't be thinking about that so soon. We have a couple more years to wait for that. xD)

The only song on Pretty. Odd. that I can actually compare to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is "Pas De Cheval" (I hope I spelled that right.) I don't know why, but that song sort of reminds me of "But It's Better."
I don't think they'll wait as long this time... I hope not!

But yeah... I'm already looking forward to the third album xp Even though technically Pretty. Odd. hasn't even been released yet domokun

Even funky fresh Arabian-Country-Rap wouldn't surprise me rofl
Honestly nothing would. They're just gonna become better and better musicians... and continue to play whatever the hell they feel like playing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:29 am
Pretty. Odd. and A Fever are totally different albums, so I agree that we won't know WHAT"S NEXT?!

But I can say that, the journey to the next album should be interesting.
3nodding

GoodbyeLights

tattoo fish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:26 pm
tattoo fish

Does anyone other than me remember the funky fresh Arabian-Country-Rap? It was in a topic a while back. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:05 pm
tattoo fish
tattoo fish

Does anyone other than me remember the funky fresh Arabian-Country-Rap? It was in a topic a while back. xd
Yeah I remember it 3nodding

I just listened to Pretty. Odd. again (seriously listened, like just staring at the screen doing nothing else) and there are parts of that remind me of A Fever 3nodding

Like the way Brendon pronounces "interesting" in "She Had The World" reminds me of how he pronounces "caricature" in "Build God, Then We'll Talk".
And one of the guitar parts towards the middle of "The Piano Knows..." is very Panic-y to me. And the strings right before the "if you're going then go, go, go..." part of "From A Mountain..." sort of remind me of the 'favorite things' part of "Build God,..."

I don't know, like... even though it's completely different, it's still their style in a way. Like the sudden changes in the middle of a song and the dramatic-ness of it all xp

Polyphonic Twilight

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Poly.
You're doing a very good job of making me crack and listen to everyone of the songs.
Even though I don't want to.
gonk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:52 pm
takashi_sahoko

Poly.
You're doing a very good job of making me crack and listen to everyone of the songs.
Even though I don't want to.
gonk
surprised
I'm sorry! I should have warned about spoilers! gonk
I didn't mean to make you want to listen even more domokun sweatdrop

Polyphonic Twilight

That Fragile Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:56 pm
Yepp!! I totally agree! I am personally boycotting the Leak because I don't think we should be able to listen to the music until March 25th when we're supposed to. I was on MTV.com and I saw the Leak-Panic! At The Disco and I took my mouse over to it. And I stopped and thought. It was sooo hard, but i decided not to click on it. I wanted to respect P!ATD and wait until the cd is realeased.  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff