Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Here to share a few things about Animes I've seen

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Ender Havok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:51 pm
Hello one and all, Im just here to share with you all things about animes i've seen and actually like, as well as some i don't like. Hope we can talk more about your likes and dislikes of certain animes as well.

Let us begin shall we ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:58 pm
Well, I just finished watching an anime called Bakuretsu Tenshi or Burst Angel. It was certainly great, and what made it an awesome Anime was that their are many twists and turns to the plot, and also, there are sub-plots if you will. Here's a brief description of it.

In a crime-ridden future Japan, Kyohei Tachibana is a peaceful student at a culinary school, dreaming of going to France for advanced study as a patissier (pastry chef). To afford the trip, he accepts a part-time job as private cook to a strange group of women - Sei, Meg, Jo and Amy. To Kyohei’s astonishment, they turn out to be a band of violent mercenaries, and he finds himself in the line of fire.

But that's not all, there's great gunkata and funny parts, it is also touching and the ending was great although a bit tragic. But overall i give it a 9 out of 10 ^_^. If you've seen it, i'd like to know what you think. And if you haven't i truly recommend it.

Keep on Rock'in  

Lord Ender Havok

LucyOnee

4,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:45 am
Right now i'm watching death note as a complete anime (and a bunch ongoing) but the last one i saw was When they Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - i think is well spell but dunno) It was really nice.

The serie was about several main event that occur every loop a dam (dunno how to spell this) is being constructed and the men that was responsible for it is killed and he's body cut into pieces this happened in the day of the local festival the next year the parent of one of the main characters have an accident and die on the exact same day, and a year after the parents of another main character die of unknown illness and on the next year the aunt of the first girl who parents died was killed and her brother went missing not long after, these event were called the god curse that would happen every year. the year after the last death a boy comes to live in the town and the progress to win agains the vilage fated cicle of death.

It is actually a nice serie but the first season don't make it end it only partially ends on the second season. Can't wait for the next one to come out XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:25 am
whats IS UP  

cloudndh91

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:56 am
LucyOnee
Right now i'm watching death note as a complete anime (and a bunch ongoing) but the last one i saw was When they Cry (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - i think is well spell but dunno) It was really nice.

The serie was about several main event that occur every loop a dam (dunno how to spell this) is being constructed and the men that was responsible for it is killed and he's body cut into pieces this happened in the day of the local festival the next year the parent of one of the main characters have an accident and die on the exact same day, and a year after the parents of another main character die of unknown illness and on the next year the aunt of the first girl who parents died was killed and her brother went missing not long after, these event were called the god curse that would happen every year. the year after the last death a boy comes to live in the town and the progress to win agains the vilage fated cicle of death.

It is actually a nice serie but the first season don't make it end it only partially ends on the second season. Can't wait for the next one to come out XD

I've got the first 3 dvds of When They Cry, I like it and was upset when Geneon closed down without finishing it. I'll probably have to order the whole series off the net.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 pm
I finished Death note a while ago and am currently searching for a new anime to watch.
the ones listed so far seem pretty cool.
I'll check 'em out.  

fullmetalalchemist8o

dfakdf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:23 pm
wow haha i'm watching about three different animes at the same time... lets see zombie loan, angel tales, and rental magica... all three are good and i would try them out^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:37 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.lastnight i finished watching the Ova for Rozen Maiden.. found it to be very interesting and inlightening due to the fact the went into the history of why there was bad blood between the 1st doll Suigintou and the 5th doll Shinku. left me wanting to see more.. think anyone that seen the first and/or second season check it out if they want a background view of why/what was happeningUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Ninjistix

Lord Ender Havok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:55 pm
Hello one and all, Back again to talk about TSUBASA CHRONICLES!!! XD

I love the anime, it's a mixture of romance, suspense, violence and drama that many anime creators can't really accomplish. Also, if many of you have seen it, or have not seen and would like to see it, you'll recognize that alot of the characters in the anime are taken from other animes.

For example, the main characters Syaoran and Sakura are taken from the Anime Card Captors Sakura. The Magician Fay's servant at the beginning of the series is Chii from Chobits, and almost at the end of the anime you'll see Somomo and i forgot the other's name who are also from Chobits. In the OVA You'll see Kamui from X/1999.

It's really awesome but a bit cliche to see that. I'd like to know what the animators were thinking when they decided to integrate characters from other animes and give them their own plot. But i think it's really cool. Well i shall read what some people have posted and give my response ^_^ Hope to talk to you all soon

Ja ne  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:04 pm
LucyOnee

The DeathNote Anime never interested me, but i do love the live action films. How the CGed the shinigamis was a work of art. Truly inspiring. And i love the plot of DeathNote. Kira, altho misguide, had the right intentions at heart. To rid the world of its evil is what everyone wants. But the way he went about it, he became evil itself to do it. Sometimes, fighting fire with fire only adds for force to the flames right? But great anime.

As for the other serious, i've never heard of it, but im interested to know now how the story evolves. It sounds interesting. For some reason i thought of the Anime Gantz while reading your description of that Anime. Like tragedy just struck those people no matter what. Same as Gantz. But i'll check it out and see it to the end. Thank you for telling us about it LucyOnee-chan.

Ja ne  

Lord Ender Havok

LucyOnee

4,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:04 am
Lord Ender Havok
LucyOnee

The DeathNote Anime never interested me, but i do love the live action films. How the CGed the shinigamis was a work of art. Truly inspiring. And i love the plot of DeathNote. Kira, altho misguide, had the right intentions at heart. To rid the world of its evil is what everyone wants. But the way he went about it, he became evil itself to do it. Sometimes, fighting fire with fire only adds for force to the flames right? But great anime.

As for the other serious, i've never heard of it, but im interested to know now how the story evolves. It sounds interesting. For some reason i thought of the Anime Gantz while reading your description of that Anime. Like tragedy just struck those people no matter what. Same as Gantz. But i'll check it out and see it to the end. Thank you for telling us about it LucyOnee-chan.

Ja ne

I think i kind of started disliking death note when L gets killed confused the story lost something neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:54 am
I'm not watching any anime at the moment, but I am obsessing over reading the manga Pluto. It's a spin off of Astro Boy, which I was a little skeptical about (I like Tezuka just fine, but spin offs tend to be...not too good.) But it turned out to be really amazing. It's all dark and gritty and reads like a noir murder mystery and I love how Urasawa portrays all these old classic characters.

The main character of this story isn't Atom like you'd expect. The story follows Gesicht, a German Europol robot detective who's trying to find a mysterious killer who has been attacking robots and humans alike. It soon becomes apparent that things are a lot more complicated than it seems when the clues point to the killer being a robot, when robots technically shouldn't be able to kill humans.

There are only 50 chapters so far and I'm eagerly waiting for the next one (it left off at such a cliff hanger! Things are looking extremely bad for Epsilon, and I'm reeeeally concerned about the stuff Tenma's gotten himself involved in. Crazy.)

Oh, and the parallels between the fictional war between Thracia and Persia and the real war between the US and Iraq? SO EXCELLENT.  

palindrome88

Darth_Magus1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:43 pm
just watched the first 2 dvds of Simoun, interesting series. Definitely yuri but presented that way because not enough guys around, otherwise I'm sure some of the girls would be straight. lol Just have to wait for the 3rd dvd...it would be easy to watch the rest online but more fun that way  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:28 am
I've just finish seeing Kimikiss Pure Rouge.

This show is a romantic, love triangle type.
Two childhood friends who were really close get separated whe the parents of the girl move to France.
But she came back on the beginning of the series because she wanted to spend the last year of high school on a Japanese school, (or so she says).
The show is about the time they take to realise their own feelings smile

Is quite nice though smile

(I hated death note after the death of L) LOL  

LucyOnee

4,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lord Deathnotefan666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:10 pm
Lord Ender Havok
Hello one and all, Im just here to share with you all things about animes i've seen and actually like, as well as some i don't like. Hope we can talk more about your likes and dislikes of certain animes as well.

Let us begin shall we ^_^

yea me too  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces