Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
GAHHH! I hate taking it easy!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halp?
  Of course!
  Nevar! D:
View Results

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:35 am
I pulled a muscle in my leg the other day, and so me, being stupid decided that I could probably go on the way I was and just be a little easier. Then I walked around town for three hours or so. Not smart. Now it's in a lot more pain, but not active pain, more like... it's there if I poke it, or lay on it, or any pressure at all. ._. Either way, I know I need to stay off it and give it a rest.

But I'd like to exercise. So, any suggestions?

Currently I've got the pool as an idea, and the upper body work out of my kickboxing DVD... maybe sit ups?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:04 pm
yeah maybe just do something with your upper body :3 maybe on sitting you could do some exercising. try not to put any weight on your leg  

delete_my_existence

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:41 pm
I agree with Shinu.

Maybe you can do weight lifting?
I love the pool idea, but only if you have someone there with you, incase your leg hurts too much, and you need help getting out of the pool.

Take a long, hot bath, and then try to exercise. That way, even if you happen to move you leg, the muscle will be slightly more relaxed. =]

Hope that helped.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:56 pm
Do abdominal crunches instead of situps, situps tend to tense your whole body up when you pull, and are harder on your back than crunches.

The pool is so much fun.
I love the pool,
but the one here is SUPER expensive.

crying

Or I'm just cheap.
You can do tons of upper body workouts, get yourself a guide and maybe try some weight lifting with 3-5lbs. Muscle building workouts burn calories while you rest as well, whereas cardio workout burns them all in one big go... so you'll get the benefits of burning calories while you sit on your a** after a good weight lifting routine. Just make sure you get someone knowledgable to show you how, or use a guide! And always have a day of rest between where you're not lifting any weights.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:42 pm
Our pool here costs 4 dollars each time to go basically,

But you get a lot of bang for your buck, I like to go to the gym first because it's the same price to go there and the pool.

You get an awesome wave pool, Olympic sized swimming lanes, hot tub, sauna, steam room, three water slides. It's nice.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am
pool is probably a really good idea. I sprained my ankle biking one summer (off my friend's foundation wall sweatdrop ) and I decided to bike home. That night every time I rolled over I woke up screaming in pain. My father was freaking out because it was so swollen, saying it was broken and he was taking me to the hospitals ( I don't like hospitals, and I was pretty sure it wasn't broken so I didn't go) I spend an entire summer limping around with swimming as my only form of exercise, and even THAT hurt, I couldn't flutter kick, so I wrapped a floaty around my feet and just did the upper body stroke.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:10 am
Now I'm in the same boat. It's sssoooo frustrating, I haven't done anything in almost a week. My back is out, I can't even tie my shoelaces! I want to do SOMETHING, maybe I'll try going for a walk today. I wish I could swim  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games