Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I'm sick of it.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:38 am
I'm really sick of being over weight.
And I am making the decision (Right Now!!) to change my life and get healthy!

I will eat heathier and exercise often!
I can, nay, I will lose this weight and gain a higher self confidence!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:13 am
Yes you can!
You will!
No need to wish good luck!
<3
But I'll wish it anyways ;3
Good luck!

PrettyConfetti

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Elocutionist 200

delete_my_existence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:37 am
good for you! I hope you will achieve your goals smile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:17 am
Thanks to both of you! ^_^

My biggest problem with losing weight is keeping motivation and support.
My family thinks support is telling me how fat I look, and that I need to lose weight =[  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:22 am
My dad thought that was support for a long time, that's why I like it here.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:38 pm
Seismic Schist
My dad thought that was support for a long time, that's why I like it here.
3nodding 4laugh Agreed! ^^  

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:00 pm
I used to have this friend who would try to sabatoge me when I was bigger.
She was about 240lbs, and I was ... probably not much lighter. I would work out, and eat healthy then suddenly she'd be like 'lets go to McDonalds, my treat!'

I stopped being friends with her for other reasons, but funnily enough I lsot about 60lbs after I ditched my bad friend lol.

Just tell your family that telling you 'you;re fat' is not going to motivate you, it's only going to make you feel bad, and be more inclined to eat to comfort your hurt feelings. It's really detrimental, and will have the opposite effect most likely.

Just like fat kids who get teased constantly generally don't feel motivated to lose weight, they just feel sad...and eat more.

You can do it!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 pm
Booyeah! You show them wink everyone here is really ncie and we're all in the same boat, so you really will get support, not just comments about yuor size 3nodding  

Iconised Ghost

alwyscrying240

5,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:28 pm
Thank you all!
You are all so wonderful! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:29 am
I posted the Good Health Guidelines, published by Weight Watchers, in the Weight Watchers Discussion thread. If you follow those, you'll get healthy. When you're healthy, your body gets rid of things that aren't healthy (like, for example, excess weight). smile They really do work. Following those guidelines, I've lost 45 pounds, which means I'm over halfway to my goal weight.

About the "you're fat" comments:

Instead of taking them as a value judgement, such as "You're fat... and that's bad," take them as a medical assessment:"You're fat. That is, your body has a higher percentage of fat than is healthy for you." After all, they're calling you fat, which is a medical fact -- but they're not (I sincerely hope) calling you ugly, or mean, or stupid. They're just stating a scientifically measurable or observable fact. Are you brown-eyed, tall, right-handed? Those are facts that may be true of you, and stating them doesn't hurt you.

Are you asthmatic, epileptic, allergic to peanuts? Those are medical facts that may also be true about you -- and while they do sometimes cause physical discomfort or danger to you, they aren't a value judgement. They're simply one more part of who you are. Something to look after, and something to use as a reason to take especial notice of when you're making decisions that could affect your medical conditions -- asthma/exercise, epileptic (medications), allergic (diet). Those are the same things you'll be looking after to take care of your other medical condition of being overweight.

Say it with me: I am beautiful, intelligent, fat, talented, honest, compassionate, thoughtful, right/left-handed, blonde/brunette/redhead... Fat is just one quality among many that can make up a person. Saying you're fat may hurt you, but if you claim it as simply another facet to you, and one that you are perfectly capable of changing in order to become healthier, it stings less.

(Of course, when confronted with "You're fat," you could also resort to the smart-aleck answer: "Yes, and you're ugly, but I've been nice enough not to say so.")  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games