Submit

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:03 pm
What martial arts techniques are your character familiar with? Having lived for so long, Gabriel tends to be a training machine.

His favorite techniques so far are Jeet Kune Do, Eight Immortals Kung Fu, and Wushu, but he has been known to employ the way of the Bushido quite often and with some Shaolin boxing influences.

When using a rapier, he loves the Italian style having received some training during the Renaissance under the tutelage of the Maestro Antonio Manciolino.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:47 pm
*looks curiously innocent* Martial Arts? That's like drawing guns and tanks, right? I prefer charcoal. rolleyes  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:52 pm
Oh come on. You may be older than me by a few thousand years, but you still can't pull a fast one like that over me. No Immortal has ever lived as long as you have without having to learn at least one martial arts technique. With a blade and without.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:00 am
Okay, I confess. I learned the deadly art of HideBehindMac-Fu. *snicker*  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:04 am
Not a very practical style, but effective yes. Tell me you didn't teach Gaston that style though. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:10 am
Like I teach Gaston all my secrets! Hah!  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:14 am
Like anything about Methos is all that complicated. The man's all attitude, know it all ness, knowing when to hide, pretending to be rustier than he is to fool people, with a touch of 'blah blah blah' thrown in for good measure. twisted

Anyway, to answer the question, I have expert standing in Zanji Shinjinken Ryu...a form favored by the Samurai sine it's designed to be used in concert with a weapon, like a sword. On occasion, when i'm not using a blade, I use an odd mix of Drunken Master with good old fashioned American street fighting. John McClane would get his a** kicked. mrgreen

Back in the day, my fighting style was a lot more nimble and gymnastics heavy...suited the rapier and dagger I used back then fairly well...hit quickly, move and dodge away even more quickly and with flourish designed to antagonize the opponent to getting angrier, and thus sloppier. I'm slowly getting back into it...this new sword of mine would be fairly well suited to the style.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:08 pm
How well you know me, boy. rolleyes  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

The Gathering: A Highlander Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out