Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

d3f1n3h3r

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:54 pm
Lydia Sum, also fondly known as Fei Fei, was rushed to hospital when she suddenly collapsed in her Hong Kong home. Although, I am not too sure when this exactly happened, she eventually lost her battle with liver cancer.

In September last year, Sum was admitted to hospital for a cholelithotomy to have 32 gallstones extracted. Then, she was diagnosed with cancer of the liver and gallbladder.

Doctors at Queen Mary Hospital removed a 2.7kg tumour after an eight-hour long operation and, since then, she has been in and out of hospital many times.

On February 27, 2008, Fei Fei was buried in Forest Lawn cemetery, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. Her parents were also buried here. She was always happiest in British Columbia, Vancouver being her hometown and where she gave birth to her only child.

Her only child was named Joyce Cheng. Only at age 20, she inherited millions from her mother.

Fei Fei was a very well-known Chinese actress and comedian, hosting many shows and acting in many sitcoms throughout most of her life. She has been in the acting industry since she was 13 years old up until her death at 60 years old. Fei Fei was also known for her happy personality and for being able to come up with jokes on the spot.

*Pictures of her funeral / in hospital have not been added to repect her privacy.

User Image
R.I.P. 沈殿霞
1947 - 2008
You will always be our 開心果 ~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:01 pm
Oh noes.... I always saw her on the asian channels. I absolutely loved those shows she starred in. haha

She was a great actress..  

BlackHammer888

CafeOrchid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So many people hated her husband because he never said a word about it at all. No announcement, no nothing! sad The whole speech thing is up on Youtube, and the most popular vid is when the umm...guy with dark glasses started ranting about how Joyce's father was irresponsible and stuff.

Btw, the mayor of Vancouver(I think) Made that specific day Fei Fei Day. That's really cool, but is it forever, or just this year? o.O
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:02 pm
crying WAHHH Fei Fei died... Whyyy! She got diagnosed with cancer and only could fight it for a year. Just sad...

Everyone was talking about it on Chinese channels and replaying clips. *sniffles*  

DancingCherryBerry

Auntie sindy

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 am
My mom cried.
I shall miss Fei Fei.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items