Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Magician Class Clerification

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is good?
Ice and Lightning
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Fire Poison
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Cleric/Priest
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

Falificent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:24 pm
So I started playing Maple Story for my best friend asked me to. Well out of curiosity I know your suppose to choose which class you want. I became a Magician! So heres my question when going into your second Job, Third, and then forth..

Each Magician's going onto Jobs have ups and then the downs. I know Cleric has the advantage of being able to heal, Ice and Lightning has the advantage of Freezing Monsters, and Fire Poison has Poison mist in there third Job.

Now to get to the point of all this bickering! What are the other Advantages of the three magician classes. Then if maybe mention so downs too as a fair warning.

Another quick question, is low LUK really worth it?

Shannon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:20 pm
I was a Cleric a long time ago, but I am not sure too much about Magicians. Here's what I do know.

The best -- the best -- magician in Maple is low luk from what I've been told. That is, you use the Zakum helm and a couple other tricks to get a low level overall with an Int bonus and scroll the s**t out of it. It's slightly better than a Sauna, and you get to use boots and gloves too. Lukless mage now makes tons more sense than before, because the chief advantage of luk -- the equip bonuses -- has been negated. Virtually anything can have bonuses lukless, though it's expensive. Yellow Snow Shoe gets you a good int bonus on boot, scrolled Yellow Work Gloves get you bonus there, Black Umbrellas can be scrolled for 1h sword for ma att, and Zakum helms, earrings and capes are common class. If you delete all Luk, and put it into Int, we're talking like 80 stat points. Your equips and staff scrolled will probably not get as much as the Lukless stuff I am talking about scrolled. Hence lukless is now better.

Of course, Luk still is quite good. It also looks a lot better. Honestly, fewer things are uglier than a Sauna Robe and a Zakum helm toting character. You can be lvl 125 and still look like a n00b. >.<

As for the CHOICE between the classes, it's up to you. Most attack mages prefer ice/lightning because it is strong and freezes. But one of my very good friends is a fire/poison Archmage, and she's also very strong. KSing a high level fire/poison mage is EXTREMELY difficult because he mists the whole map and it doesn't matter what you do. It's also a very unique style of play, and, like blunt weapon White Knights, there are fewer who do it.

To choose between the two, watch training videos and get to know the skills through hidden-street.net.

Also, though not everyone knows this, a fire/poison makes a natural training partner for an ice/lightning. Their techniques combine very well. One mists, the other clears.

Cleric is the one class you should think carefully before doing. Cleric can be extremely fun or extremely frustrating, depending on your personality. Clerics work best in groups. I simply do not see the point of solo cleric, because other classes outdamage them. Clerics level slower. BUT clerics also get all their godly skills earlier on. A priest is of Zakuming level at lvl 90, while other classes have to wait till 110 or so, preferably later. Legit priests are rare. Ultimately though, as a cleric you are the core of the party. Everyone depends on you, and if you're a social person that is good. If you hate people that is bad, because the bitching, etc. will affect you. Dealing with people really isn't for everyone, but a cleric always, always deals with people. Keep in mind that some of the people on Maple are extremely sick, disturbing, or immature. But some people thrive being clerics, so that may not matter.  

Artess

General

hyuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:24 pm
Surprise surprise! theres like... 8 votes to clerics and nothing to the rest!

anyways, i have a lv 97 priest, and i think being a priest is pretty awesome xD Maybe its because i have lots of patience. (although i do envy other classes because of their damage.. much higher than mine unfortunately) I like the fact that i dont need to buy HP pots. I also like the fact that i am able to train at monsters that i can do damage on through healing - this allows me to STAY ALIVE and KILL EM!! Its great to train on dead monsters that die through healing biggrin . You should also check out some of the skills of BISHOPS (4th job), they are pretty darn cool! (Watch on youtube or something)

Just note that being a cleric, you will have to be prepared for "slaving"- or so they call it. Its like this in parties. You either do your part - heal frequently and prevent deaths, BUFF them with bless/holy symbol regularly, etc. etc., OR deal with their childish impatience. When you dont do your part.. you WILL be yelled at. I know being a cleric, you can sometimes get carried away with fighting, but sometimes, its prefered that you do the healing and let others do the attacking.. (they do more damage than you alone anyways) Just take it easy and heal like mad (when necessary). I do my part as a priest, so i dont have to put up with their issues.

Priests are always good training partners, and many people want them. It may seem very slow and boring at the beginning, but trust me. When you hit lv 75, you will be lving like crazy! But before that, you might wanna do some pqs with people to pass some lvs  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:20 pm
As you said, they each have there ups and downs. My personal favorite is Ice/Lightning, because of their ability to freeze things. Cleric has some strong points as being able to save money on potions, and having a 2nd job mob attack, and EXP increase in 3rd job. They do lack a bit in damage compared to FP and IL mages. Fire/Poison are good because Fire Arrow has the highest attack of the 2nd job mages, and they get 2 mob attacks in 3rd job, Explosion, and Poison Mist. They are lacking a mob attack in 2nd job, which could make it difficult to train, compared to the other two. Ice lighting, my personal favorite, have Cold Beam, which freezes enemies [that arent ice based] for up to 2 seconds. They also have a mob attack at 2nd job, Thunderbolt. Also, they have Thunder spear, which has the highest damage of all 3rd job mages, but slow attack speed. I havent thought of any bad points to IL mages so far, so thats why they're my favorite. Only you can decide which is the best!  

AcidRequiem

LordVada

Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:02 pm

Its all based on personal preference. I had a 3x i/l (deleted) and i cant get my cleric past 36, yet i have a lvl 136 f/p archmage. (though i hated the last 10 levels of 3rd job with a passion, though that should be easier now. You dont have to suffer at sharks).

Clerics/priests overall level the fastest, and make the most money. They tend to leech a lot in 3rd job though, and that'd be boring as hell for me.

F/P are the powerful, ones. (used to be faster leveling than i/l in 2nd job, not anymore). Our 2nd job 1v1 is the most powerful, our 3rd job mob is most powerful (though slow, so not so much), and our 4th job 1v1 is the most powerful (in a 1v1 situation). We get paralyze in 4th job which is sexy as all hell (seriously, high power for a magician, and it "freezes" for 15 whole seconds. also quite fast)

I/L are your controlling class. Freeze is very nice indeed, and 2nd job is easy as hell these days (good training spots for thunderbolt). in 4th they get Chain lightning, which is a really nice skill, fast, powerful (especially against 3-4 monsters). Ice Strike in 3rd job is a nice, fast mob skill that freezes. i envy every i/l for it, since im stuck with slowass explosion.

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games