Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How and why Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So...do you know?
  Yes! ^_^
  How the heck should I know?
  Does it really matter?
View Results

Yamane-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:11 am
For me its just the physical stuff that Im not usually used to seeing that I seem to crave for.
The different way same sex couples go on doing intercourse. Its really different and still very much steamy. I enjoy yaoi because of how dynamic gay relationships can become and how not very much different it is with just a guy and woman.
Somehow it also helps me understand my own sexuality and preference though I think that really never changes. Guys turn me on and just yaoi turns it up a notch.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 pm
its all in what you like. Before i started to like yaoi i was in to anime. And i just cought the yaoi and it was in the anime category so i started liking it to.  

SupaWeena

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:48 pm
This is just my personal preference but I think one of the reasons I like yaoi is because the main characters are not female. It's strange, but I generally do not like how girls are portrayed as main characters in most forms of entertainment. This has nothing to do with girls in real life, just simply how they are portrayed, especially in a lot of anime and most especially when romance is involved! Yaoi makes it so much easier to avoid them. Now don't get me wrong there are more than enough awesome female main characters out there for me, and more than enough crappy male characters too. That's why I'm picky about my yaoi. I stay away from the whiny uke characters that just come across as the worst example of a crappy female character whose only excuse is having a p***s. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 pm
Katastrophic_Kate
This is just my personal preference but I think one of the reasons I like yaoi is because the main characters are not female. It's strange, but I generally do not like how girls are portrayed as main characters in most forms of entertainment. This has nothing to do with girls in real life, just simply how they are portrayed, especially in a lot of anime and most especially when romance is involved! Yaoi makes it so much easier to avoid them. Now don't get me wrong there are more than enough awesome female main characters out there for me, and more than enough crappy male characters too. That's why I'm picky about my yaoi. I stay away from the whiny uke characters that just come across as the worst example of a crappy female character whose only excuse is having a p***s. ^_^

i agree most of your anime the main charecyers are usually girls...it gets old after a while  

SupaWeena

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:20 pm
For me, what pings me the most is actually the relationship aspect - the emotional and social facets of how characters interact with each other, the kind of effect having feelings for another person has on how they relate, how it stands in the world in general, the way it makes character A or whoever feel.
So, I find well-portrayed or well-written relationships fascinating regardless, and won't deny that it's interesting to me to see how this-or-that-or-whichever changes how people get along with each other in the world in general. Same-sex relationships have strong connotations and opinions associated with them, whether neutral/tolerant, intolerant or accepting.
Plus, the aesthetic side - two (in many cases) attractive men, paired up together? redface

I'm not actually particularly interested in the sexual aspect of male/male pairings, or yaoi fiction or whichever, oddly enough. It's strange to say, but I think that kind of smut turns me on and squicks me in almost equal amounts. But less squick, really. Or, you know, I wouldn't ever go near the stuff.
I find myself reading the dialogue and internal monologue more readily than descriptions of what's happening, however. That's one of the reasons I love experimental or stylistically different fanfiction, to be honest. You get this fantastic imagery and sense of what's happening... Without sometimes over-wrought descriptions.
I don't have quite the same problem with yuri, though... Although I do with het smut. I guess it's something about myself I'll have to figure out over time. It could have something to do with my mild phobia of physical and/or intimate contact with others. Lord knows, I'm otherwise a relatively well-adjusted young bisexual female. neutral

Ah, but I'm rambling! And off topic, gah!

So, in avoidance of tl;dr summary:
The relationships themselves.
Emotions experienced and social effects of relationships.
And, in many (but not all) cases, attractive men.

Change the gender in that last one and you can see why I tend to switch between slash, femmeslash and het just fiiiiiiiine. What interests me doesn't change that much between "types" of relationships. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 pm
Well, for starters, guys love watching girls get it on with eachother, right?
So it makes sense that girls would like the opposite.
And to put it simply, if you like puppies, you'd love to play with one. But you'd also love to watch one play with another cute puppie, right?
So yeah, that's how I see it.

...did I really just make a furry metaphore?
time to go wash my fingers off
burning_eyes

merobean

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:13 pm
Probably because of the cuteness of it all lol
I remembering squeeing through a few episodes of Monochrome Factor...thank god my mum wasnt in the room at the time.
She would have looked at me like "wtf?" O.o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:23 pm
Hmm.... I suppose it's a girl's fantasy. Romance and two hot guys. What more could a girl ask for? I'm a hard a** who has thing against all things sappy but... even I can't resist yaoi.  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers