Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Horn Tail Opinion(s) please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rinesia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:09 am
So I have heard some rumors about the horn tail boss, I'm being only level 90 Haven't even bothered adventuring out to FAR in leafre. In Anyways the main thing I'm getting at is I hear it would take approximately 5-9 hours to kill the horn tail.

So I'm curious is it really worth sitting that long killing a boss? The amount of time trying to kill him (unsure weather you'll live or not due to if you run low on persay item stocks so no telling there) you could have gained a good % if had been regular training.

Anyways I'm just going by rumors since I don't know to much about this boss other than the videos..I have seen and rumors I've heard from friends and Guildies.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:35 am
In some MS version (I'm thinking mSEA?), I team of like, 20+ lv140's-170's takes around 70 minutes to kill it.

And it's only worth it if you want the Horntail Pendant or the skill books it drops (curse you triple throw 30 >_> wink .  

[Makata]

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150

phillipo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:41 pm
If you want an in-depth analysis of Horntail, some people on sleepywood.net were looking for strategies to take it down.

I believe the thread was posted here: http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1372868

Horntail and Zakum sound incomparable. Mostly because of Psychosis, a curse that Horntail does that basically locks up your keyboard and makes you walk or jump in place. He sometimes will walk you right off the platform into his tail or legs which happen to do about 25k touch damage.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:58 pm
MapleSEA or KMS, probably GMS

I recommend being at least:

Level 160+ for Warrior

Level 140~150+ for Theif and Bowman

Level 170+ for Magican

About (not 20) 30~40 people around those levels takes about 60~90 minutes. You're given 12 hours though.

He is a level 160 monster and has approximately 2,750,000,000 HP and 755,000 MP

He gives out a total of 115,887,500 EXP

His primary drop is:
Quote:
Horned Tail Necklace
Required Level: 120
Job: Common
Weapon & Magic Defense: 108
Effects: STR +7, DEX +7, INT +7, LUK +7, Avoidability +24
No. of upgrades available: 3
Sold for: 300,000 mesos, cannot be traded

Lady Limstella

zonic69

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:39 pm
o____o thought the necklace was worth the wait ...
sure its low stats but you upgrade its whats ..... 3 times better then the zakum helmet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:40 pm
The necklace is nice, but Zak helm is still nicer I think

I am not sure if I am right about this. Feel free to correct me.

14 stat points and 24 avoid at lvl 120 is VERY nice, but 30 stat points, 20 acc and 20 avoid at lvl 50 is nicer. The def is also a bigger deal at lvl 50 I think. Ultimately, if you buy the helm as a lvl 50, it'll make a huge difference in training... but 14 stat points at lvl 120 is not quite as important.  

Artess

General

Pukie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:17 am
domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:08 pm
So wait, if you do kill him, does everyone get a necklace, or is only one dropped? Also, what level should a Cleric be if they want to take on the Zakum quest?  

Feather

Lady Limstella

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:53 am
Feather
So wait, if you do kill him, does everyone get a necklace, or is only one dropped? Also, what level should a Cleric be if they want to take on the Zakum quest?

On average, about 5~12 necklaces are dropped.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:42 am
Seeing videos on youtube + reading threads, parties that actually killed him SUCCESSFULLY took 4+ hours to kill..HT has billions of hp along with exp, and he drops the good ht necklace and skillbooks.

nobody in bera has successfully taken him down yet. neutral fangblade should try.  

Roboken

Delicious Friction

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:43 pm
Roboken
Seeing videos on youtube + reading threads, parties that actually killed him SUCCESSFULLY took 4+ hours to kill..HT has billions of hp along with exp, and he drops the good ht necklace and skillbooks.

nobody in bera has successfully taken him down yet. neutral fangblade should try.

Fangblade isn't doing anything until he's level 200.
Then he better get some equipment that isn't epic fail.  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games