Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
Costumers, ahoy! (a knitting/cosplaying thread)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cosplay?
  Heck yes!
  Heck no!
  It would be fun to make, but I'd never wear something like that in public!
  That would be way fun! Oh, but I could never make something!
View Results

Anneko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:18 am
Hi! I'm Anneko, and I'm new 'round these parts. I knit (if my avi didn't give that away... sweatdrop ) and am into cosplay, and it seems to me like HP is a fandom where the two can intersect.

I haven't done any cosplaying as an HP character (yet!) myself, but we've got a book of HP-inspired knit patterns, and I've promised my little brother a Slytherin Quidditch sweater when my skill level improves to sweater-making ability. Right now, I'm afraid Hogwarts scarves is the level of my prowess...

Anyone gone all-out for Hallowe'en, book release, film premiere, or convention? Or heck, just for fun? Anyone want to discuss fannish sewing/knitting projects (I also want to make some char. plushies... but it's a little bit ambitious, since there's no pattern...)

Anyway, if I ever finish a bigger HP costume/plush project, I'll share piccies (when I *do* get around to plushie making, rest assured they will be slash couples!).

=^__^=
Anneko  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:39 am
We’re the regulators that de-regulate

: D I love you lots!

*ahem* That was creepy. Anyways.

I love cosplaying, too! I went as Draco Malfoy for Halloween and to a Hogwarts Festival, AND to a HP DFW meet up. xD I'm going to be Tonks for Portus [HP convention].

I'm learning how to knit. I bought needles and thread and stuff, but the knitting part is a pain in the a**. I can cast-on, but knitting the knit stitch is a b***h... THAT RHYMED! biggrin And the purl stitch. *cringe* And then the rib stitch. ><# Luckily, my aunt is going to teachith me [since she can do everything], because I fully intend on making myself a Slytherin scarf.

We’re the animators that de-animate

Drakie Cakie

flight815kitsune

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:33 pm
I crochet, I don't knit...But I'm working on a ravenclaw scarf. I'll post it when it's done!

I cosplayed a few times, halloween and the movies...I'm just anonymous Ravenclaw #712, since I don't look like any characters. Except maybe Dudley or something *shudders*... You tell me.
User Image
User Image

Oh, and please excuse the bad quality of the pics!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:45 pm
I love to cosplay. I do Tom Riddle every ALA. (It'll be much better this year than last, so maybe I'll post pictures after ALA this next year.) Your avi is totally Joker, by the way. I love it!!!
I also do Envy from FMA, Jun from Shaman King and (this year only at ALA because my friends want me to) Orihime from Bleach.  

Pearls of Dimond

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:39 am
I love cosplaying, for Animania (our anime con) I usually dress up as various characters, but for HP.... Well for several films and our yr 12 muck up photo I did a (pretty unconvincing) harry... and last time for OotP I did Snape.... This year I'm gonna bleach my hair and go as Lucius, with my friend who'll do narcissa =)  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 am
I can talk about knitting! Or crocheting. But not really.

But my boyfriend, who is awesome, found patterns for our mutual friend who does all of that artsy crafts stuff.

So for my birthday he threw this little tiny crocheted Snitch at me (made by her) that I fell in love with and bring with me almost everywhere.

And then for Christmas he found this illusion scarf pattern that she made. Essentially if you just glance at it, its a black and green scarf, but if you actually LOOK at it, you can see the Dark Mark.

I have another friend who is currently learning how to knit and has promised me a scarf and a Weasley sweater. She really wants to make Weasley sweaters. >.>

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
General Harry Potter Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items