How do you like 'em?
  Great.
  Modest.
  Poor.
View Results

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:41 pm
Hey, you've probably seen me around the guild for a while now. It's been almost a year since I started painting and playing my Ultramarine army, and I saw that a few people were showing thier models and thought why not since I've got nothing better to do. I have quite a few models now, but only one of them I have a picture of, even though I don't have much time to paint them with school and all the other stuff I have to do. Anyway, I'll try to keep you updated on my pictures as often as possible, hope you like them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:44 pm
As I said, the only model I have a current picture for is my commander, which is only because I entered the modeling competition with him. Here's the links.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n43/Pyro_X_Tech/Space Marines/IMG_0836.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n43/Pyro_X_Tech/Space Marines/IMG_0834.jpg

I'm getting a camera this weekend so I should have more picture by next monday, until then this is all I got.

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

LadyEren

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 am
Hello!
Well... I think it's really not bad! xp
I'd suggest you just one thing: try to delute a bit more the color and put some more lights! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:53 am
LadyEren
Hello!
Well... I think it's really not bad! xp
I'd suggest you just one thing: try to delute a bit more the color and put some more lights! wink

Ya, thanks for the tip. He was one of my older models and I didn't really know what I was doing when I painted him. On my newest models I think the paint came out alot better once I added water to the paint mixture.

Anyway, I was looking around my photobucket and found another squad though the pictures didn't come out to great, sprry for the lack of lighting... Here's the pictures:

Not the best of pictures, though I though the dust effect looked pretty cool.

Yet again, really dark...

The only picture with light, though I must admit the marines look horrible.

Update- Found my camera, here's a picture of my current project, a terminator chaplain. This in my opinion is a beautiful model and awsome fun to paint:
User Image

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:48 am
I know it's been like four months since I updated this, maily becuase of insane ammounts of school work. Finally I have abreak and I thought I'd take the time to update it with some new pictures:

I recently got a dreadnaught for my birthday and it took me nearly a month to hand paint every part, though I think it came out pretty nice:

Front view w/ anti-tank weapons

Front view with anti-personel weapons

Back view

Weapons

My brother also was given a custom broodlord from the man who actually started me on the game, so he gave it to me to give it a new coat of paint. The entire thing was silver when I got it, he just had me paint the gold plates on it.

Front

Back

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:05 am
I hear ya, 'bout the school work bit. sweatdrop

I really like that dreadnaught, I can't even think of anything to critique on it. You do really well on the flat-colored surfaces.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 pm
Thanks, though all my brushes are begining to split apart, so now I need to go buy some more. Thank god for birthday money.

As for the dreadnaught the trick was puting on several washes of progressively watered down layers of pain, it filled in all of my stroke marks and gave it a nice flat look.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 pm
PyroXTech
Thanks, though all my brushes are begining to split apart, so now I need to go buy some more. Thank god for birthday money.

As for the dreadnaught the trick was puting on several washes of progressively watered down layers of pain, it filled in all of my stroke marks and gave it a nice flat look.
Very nice, I'm going to have to try that on something sometime, it looks like it works really well.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:29 pm
Yay even more new pictures! Just took em' a few minutes ago, hope you like em'.

Master of Sanctity

This was a project from around Christmas, I just never got to taking his pictures.

front

Back

Side

Snipers

My current project, as you can see I paint each individual piece before assembling. The thing I really like best about these guys is probably the urban camo I gave them.

Front

Back and camo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 pm
PyroXTech
Yay even more new pictures! Just took em' a few minutes ago, hope you like em'.

Master of Sanctity

This was a project from around Christmas, I just never got to taking his pictures.

front

Back

Side

Snipers

My current project, as you can see I paint each individual piece before assembling. The thing I really like best about these guys is probably the urban camo I gave them.

Front

Back and camo
The blue is a bit bright for urban camo, if it were me I'd tone it down to a grey; any idea what you're going to do for the basing on them?

Edit: Isn't that the same Chaplain that you have a WIP picture of earlier on this page?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Actually those are greys, though I used shadow grey rather than codex grey becuase it has just about dried up becuase I accidentilly left it open over a vacation... sweatdrop

The basing will be the same as always, I glue a layer of non-skid to the base (the stuff that keeps you from sliding on a wet boat), it's really expensive but I got a container of it free from my stepdad, the I layer on bestial brown, vomit brown and a drybrush of bleached bone on top. Finish with some static grass and I have my base done.

As for the Chaplain, yes that is the same one, I finished him months ago I just never got to taking a picture of him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 am
One thing with the dread is to pin the arms, that way you can change them when and if needed  

Aquilla Claringbold

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:15 pm
Actually, the arms are on a sort on slot where you can slide them on and off, making it really easy to switch the weapons whenever you need to.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games