Heroines Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

felicity_mills

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:17 am
heart that is so true all the heroeins in fantasny stories are sissy's. when I write story my heroines are strong beautiful woman who can fight. they don't need prince charming to safe then lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:56 am
jingle bear
Lol I just recently read Just Ella and it is a really good take on what happened after the traditional fairy tale. There are some good books with strong heroines you just have to find them. Nearly anything by Gail Carson Levine is really good and has a really strong heroine. I have to say Dave At Night is her worst book yet...but Ella Enchanted and The Two Princesses of Bamarre are REALLY good. Ella Enchanted is EXTREMELY different from the movie too. biggrin

I love Gail Carson Levine although one of my favorite author is Tamora Pierce and i like her heroines better  

babie3000

godhi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:27 am
Although the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast was a good movie, an even better version of the story was filmed by Jean Cocteau under the title of La Belle et la BĂȘte. It's one of the best fantasy films ever made, and the heroine is a strong-willed and self-sufficient character who overcomes her fear of the Beast and learns to love him. If you like classic cinema, you will love this film.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:00 pm
I'm not sure if someone pointed this out already cause I didn't feel like reading through four pages, but you know the prince in Disney Snow White didn't even HAVE a NAME! So really, it goes both ways. That movie really turned the perfect man into an object to be strived for, not an actual person.  

Angleic Shadow

babie3000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:55 pm
jingle bear
Lol I read Just Ella and it is a really good take on what happened after the traditional fairy tale. There are some good books with strong heroines you just have to find them. Nearly anything by Gail Carson Levine is really good and has a really strong heroine. I have to say Dave At Night is her worst book yet...but Ella Enchanted and The Two Princesses of Bamarre are REALLY good. Ella Enchanted is EXTREMELY different from the movie too. biggrin

The two princesses of bamarre is one of my favorite books ( I have a lot of favorit books but i love the way the weak princess who is scared of everything is the one that must save the day)  
babie3000 rolled 3 20-sided dice: 11, 13, 4 Total: 28 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:58 pm
i think i quoted the same person twice but i didn't even notice until now because its beenso long since i have been on  

babie3000

godhi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:20 am
I'm in the process of copyrighting the Writer's Guide to The Wasteland, a proposal for either a comic book or television series that is best described as a dark fantasy western taking place in the Realm of Faerie. One of the main characters is Alice, a fifteen-year-old girl whom the hero, Sam Smith rescues from imprisonment within the Origami Garden. Unfortunately, Sam is unaware that Alice is a thief and con artist who as a human in Faerie survives through lies, seduction, and deception, having spent an unknown amount of time in the city of Carnivale, better known as the City of Masks.
Since everyone wore masks, Alice survived in Carnivale by assuming the mask of the sweet and innocent teenager, and only by dropping the mask does she allow the hero to trust her. To further complicate matters, the hero finds out too late that Alice was imprisoned within the Origami Garden by a Queen of Dark Faerie and Alice stole something very important from her--and not only does the Dark Queen want it back, but she intends to punish Alice by trapping her somewhere even worse...

"My name is Sam Smith, and I've been many things in my life: a gambler, a gunslinger, a cowboy, even a federal marshal. But the one thing I've never been is a hero.
Trapped in the Realm of Faerie, I wander the roads between worlds... but only one road will take me back to the world I know.
"Welcome to the Wasteland."

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces