Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Should I add to STR or DEX?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Kings Royal Baker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:22 pm
I'm a lvl 34 fighter, and I need 4 more STR points to use my glove. My DEX is only 61. Should I add to STR to use my glove or add to DEX? Can adding Sword Mastery make up for my lack of DEX? Thanks for your time.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 pm
It really wouldn't hurt anything to get extra STR for the glove. You only really need dex for the accuracy, so as long as you have enough of that you're not doomed or anything.

Sword mastery will put up your accuracy and mastery, so yes it will help make up for it. You could always add extra dex later or get dex/accuracy-scrolled equips if you really need to, or just use sniper pills if you're missing monsters until you can 'fix' it.  

phillipo
Crew

zonic69

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:43 am
max out mastery first o.O
its needed

ummmmm i think you should stop with dex till about 50 .... dont really need it

ive got a 6x fighter now with only about ....30 - 40 dex ...
works well ...

with the glove problem ... just use a work glove. Add attack to it and you should be laughing ... they aint that hard to get now with about ... 3 - 5 quests giving 70 - 60 glove att scrolls as a reward

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 pm
Normally people used to say keep dex twice your level, until it hits about 100, but it seems alot of people are starting to cap earlier then that.

With your dex at 61, you could probably survive leaving it there.

If you find yourself missing a ton, try keeping it twice your level then?

I say just add the STR so you can equip the glove.

You should always have your stats the minimum of whats needed by the next level equipment you can wear, if you want to wear the equipment.

My warrior is only 21, and her Dex is probably 42, while her STR is everything else...and she seems to always be just bare minimum to equip her equipments.

Seriously though, probably, just add the Strength.

If you're missing, use pills and scrolled equipment as Phillipo has said.

A Rusty Nail

Rinesia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:53 pm
I would add the str consider the fact as said above dex is just for accuracy. o.o; so wait on the dex a bit till as well said above 50, besides one level of str isn't going to really hurt MUCH at all.

All so other ways to help is make a Attack WG, or DEX if you prefer the accuracy thats what my friend Andy did well I made him the glove for dex..but anyways Uhm.. Plus if you stay with I forget was it 35? that has that warrior over all use that and scroll it with dex would help out your accuracy, plus they have helm of accuracy scrolls now, ect ect just depends how much money and time you want to put into it really.

Then you have all those Potions Which Can be find in any potion shop I believe that will boost some, just some places have better booster potions than others. Like NLC has good ones but there a bit pricey since there 5k I believe a potion for boosting STR, Accuracy, Avoid, ect ect.

Or you can go into the FM and Buy those baskets people get From APQ those help boost Accuracy as well. Then you could be like my Hubby and just (this is if you can pay for it) you can buy apples from FM and use those you'd train fast if you were grinding but there usually around 1mil+ per apple so..yeah real pricey I would say lol. :0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:20 am
Thanks for the advice everyone. I went to Orbis and got some Accuracy Scrolls for my gloves. I used four of them and I can kill Neckis now, which I couldn't before. I'm going to add a level of DEX and then figure it out from there. I only need 130 STR for my lvl 40 stuff and I'm lvl 35 with 121 STR, so I can afford to up my accuracy. I can already max at 1,000 (Regular damage is 120-376) damage so I'm good on STR for now anyway.  

The Kings Royal Baker

ItsAndrew_Kun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:37 pm
well if you were a dragon knight you should add STR but you are a fighter
so add more DEX and forget about the glove they are useless.Well thats
what I think I have like 1year with out playing  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:12 am
add str  

yanglui8

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff