Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
The Vampire Diaries By L.J Smith. (No Spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:02 pm
Okay So I just finished the first two books in this series and I'm dying to go and get the other Two.. Which i will be getting soon.. So tell me:

Have you read it?
What did you think about it?
Who's your favorate Character?
And Last but not least:
Stefan Or Damon?

For me:
Yes I've read it.
I loved this series! I think its great and i love how its written.
My favorate Character is Prolly Elena and Stefan
Definatly Stefan.. But Damon Attracts me too, I love evil guys.. So for right now its Stefan. But it might change with the next to books.. Although Im hoping Stefan and Elena end up together..

OH and last but not least

PLEASE NO SPOILERS PLEASE!! I WOULD HATE TO HAVE MY SERIES RUINED BY SOMEONE WHO SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT IT.. THIS IS FOR THE FIRST TWO BOOKS.. AND THATS ALL.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 pm
Haven't heard of it. What's the first book about?  

NightIntent
Captain

jingle bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 am
Never read it or even heard of it before now. Is it any good?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:12 pm
I read her Night World series. It was okay. I found some of the characters to be irritating. I've not read the Vampire Diaries, though I've been meaning to. How is it?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 pm
Omg.. This series is Great.. ^__^ Here's what it says on the book:
Book One:
The Struggle:
"A Love Triangle of Unspeakable Horror... Elena: Searching for the ultimate thrill, she vowed to have Stefan. Stefan: Haunted by his tragic past, he struggled to resist her passion. Damon: Driven by revenge, he hunted the brother who betrayed him. The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them."

Book two:
The Struggle:
"A Love Triangle of Unspeakable Horror... Damon: Determined to make Elena his queen of darkness, he'd kill his own brother to possess her. Stefan: Desperate for the power to destroy Damon, he succumbs to his thirst for human blood. Elena: Irresistibly drawn to both brothers, her choice will decide their fate. The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them."

Book three:
The Fury:
"Tormented after losing the beautiful Elena, Stefan becomes determined to end the feud with his brother--no matter the cost. But mocking Stefan and Elena, Damon laughs in the face of doom."

Book Four:
Dark Reunion:
"The Final Conflict... The Last Deadly Kiss Elena: Now she rises from the dead to recreate the powerful vampire trio. Stefan: Summoned by Elena, he keeps a promise to her and fights the most terrifying evil he's ever faced. Damon: Joining the brother he once called enemy, Damon battles this new horror with strength, cunning, and deadly charm."'

I'm currently on the third book: The Fury. Omg its soo good.. ^__^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Hmm. Sounds kinda... cliche. Regardless, I'll look for them whenever I manage to get the bookstore next.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:33 pm
It sounds kind of like a chick-flick/paranormal romance.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:46 pm

D8

I'll have to go check it out after I'm done reading
my pile of books. XD

Schnitzle Fritz

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:55 pm
Maze353
It sounds kind of like a chick-flick/paranormal romance.

I think it is paranormal romance. I looked at it on Amazon and pretty much all the people who bothered to describe it were calling it paranormal romance.

Oh, and it was compared to Twilight in about half of the reviews, maybe more. That kinda makes me leery of reading it, because Twilight didn't dazzle me all that much. Just not my cup of tea.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:50 pm
Well IThink its a good Series.. Anyone who likes Romance/Vampires Has to read it.. I suggest it.. I absolutely love this series.. Then again i like most Vampire Novels..  

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

chibinecochan_13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:41 pm
I own it, but never got to reading it. Maybe I'll start... domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:32 pm
chibinecochan_13
I own it, but never got to reading it. Maybe I'll start... domokun

oh do! its soo good. I just finished the last book yesterday.. So good!

Now im back to reading Twilight.. agian... for the... 17th time.. emo sweatdrop  

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Psychomech

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 am
Have you read it?
I've read... I think books one and seven.
Not too bad. It wasn't my favorite L.J. Smith series, but it wasn't bad.
Who's your favorite character?
Hm. Damon, Stefan, Damon, Stefan... Damon...?
Stefan Or Damon?
SteMON. Both. Maybe very slightly leaning more to Damon on this.

It is a paranormal romance book. It's basically about a girl, her friends, and her vampire boyfriend, though that's a really awful summary. I'd suggest you read a better summary from somewhere before making judgments.

I don't think it's really comparable to Twilight because... Twilight has an edge of whatever makes teen books popular these days. Quirkiness, slight differentness. This series has a bit of a horror edge and it's missing lots of the bright and fun things that Twilight had.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 am
Bad Luck Jynx
Have you read it?
I've read... I think books one and seven.
Not too bad. It wasn't my favorite L.J. Smith series, but it wasn't bad.
Who's your favorite character?
Hm. Damon, Stefan, Damon, Stefan... Damon...?
Stefan Or Damon?
SteMON. Both. Maybe very slightly leaning more to Damon on this.

It is a paranormal romance book. It's basically about a girl, her friends, and her vampire boyfriend, though that's a really awful summary. I'd suggest you read a better summary from somewhere before making judgments.

I don't think it's really comparable to Twilight because... Twilight has an edge of whatever makes teen books popular these days. Quirkiness, slight differentness. This series has a bit of a horror edge and it's missing lots of the bright and fun things that Twilight had.

One and Seven? There are only four books in this series. Though I do agree with you on the comparison between Twilight And The vampire Diaries. I must say that I can not choose between them, just because i do love all my books equally. I think that both series are very good and i would hate to try and pick out the differences.  

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xenologista

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:34 am
Have you read it?
Yup
Loved it!
Who's your favorite Character?
Damon, he's such a good villain except that he hasn't killed Stefan yet.
And Last but not least:
Stefan Or Damon?
Stefan  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas