Submit

Pumped about the new movie?
  yes
  no
  Does Shattner really play WoW?
View Results

Curtis25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 pm
I am really looking foward to it. I have seen the trailer where they are building the Enterprise and I was amazed at how good the ship looked from just that little bit. The question that I have is this. Are they throwing out the fact that Christopher Pike was captain before Kirk or is the movie going to take place after the episode "the Cage"? I was wondering if anyone know's this or not. thanks for your time.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:15 pm
thats a good question...and i think we wont find out the answer until we get more information or the movie comes out  

Shotgun_Rae

GunMage04

Adored Cat

14,625 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 pm
I don't think so, since Pike will be in the movie. Bruce Greenwood will be portraying him. Hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:54 am
So if Pike is the captian in the movie then that means that William Shatner isn't playing Kirk. Is that what I'm hearing?  

Codiah

GunMage04

Adored Cat

14,625 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:25 am
No, William Shatner will not be in the film. Which sucks. But they're all bound by the canon, and canon says that Kirk died in Generations. So, yea, no Kirk.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:38 am
NO seriously does Shatner really play WoW? That would be really weird I can't really imagine it.... sweatdrop  

EFSpartan

Meganebu

Gearhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:21 pm
yeah, it does suck that Shatner won't be in the movie, but I'm sure it will be awesome anyway. I'm so going to go see it on Christmas day even if I have to miss a little family time to see it. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:36 am
Hate to burst your bubble but it's not coming out on Christmas anymore... they changed it's scheduled release date like months ago... it's coming out in May of 2009 now...  

Call Me Janeway

Subspace Interference

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:42 am
I was really depressed when they changed the date. gonk
I've begun a countdown for May 8, 2009.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:49 pm
Memory Alpha has a good section on the new movie.

Anyways, it's sad that William Shatner wont be in the movie to reprise his roll. But then again, if they did bring him in it would conflict with the fact that he died in Generations. It's... just not the same. I mean, Harrison Ford is to Indiana Jones as William Shatner is to James T. Kirk DX

Either way, I am excited about this movie and I hope that all goes well. If not, then I will be hearing my dad rant like he did with Enterprise >>;  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces