should there be more goth shops?
  yes
  mabye
  noooo
View Results

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:47 pm
Vincent Anubis
All I have to choose from is danky places like Spencer's Gifts and Hot Topic. both are usually a waste of time though....

I have to agree with you on that one. I really don't like going into those stores as they tend to make me want to laugh at how much they are selling things and what they are selling.

And for what babykitty said I too shop at the mainstream stores like Walmart, Khols, and Target. They surprisingly have some good finds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 am
babykitty18
Ri_Ri
yes, but then you would begin to have (after a while) a bunch of 11 year olds going OMG I'M SO GOTH I LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC(side note-these kids consider Panic! at the Disco to be Goth...) AND WEAR STUFF FROM THIS STORE !!!!111!1!!!ONE ONE!!!!!!KTHXBAI

and after a while these stores would be forced to cater to the demands and eventually turn into HotTopic.....
when i first went there at there at the age of 12 i was actually pleased because it was the first time i was in a store that had some of the things i liked. but after a couple more visits and observing i realized how comercial and overpriced it was and it was just a dark version of aeropastle...

that's what would happe with more goth shops, unfortunately. Although, ignoring the retards... It would be awsome to have some Goth stores.

however , most of my clothes come from mainstream stores like Macy's or Target or Burlington Coat Factory because they'll just have rows of clothes and once in a while, on sale, they'll have something spooky or clever or dark. and when in doubt, sheck the guys section! xD

yeah, boots have to be from special stores. but that's hard for me either way because i have really small feet. (size 5 1/2 in womens, 3 1/2 in kids....)

I agree wit u fully...i don't have small feet tho...lmao but i do just get all my stuff from places that most ppl don't think they'd find dark, spooky, or clever things! xd

Actually, Hot topic is ownded by the same ppl who own hollister. or abercrombie. one of them. I have to go there though, scince the other stored never EVER have anything. I agree though. They are wayyy to overpriced. I got a cute top there the other day though. Its perfect for the next concert i'm going to.  

truths untold

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:35 am
GilAskan
Supply and demand.

Simple as that. When the demand gets high enough, and goth-oriented stores start put up real profit margins, more will open. The internet's stores are multiplying rapidly, and I wouldn't doubt it spreads into real shop space sometime in the next few years.

I'm doing a business course at the moment so that my friend and I can start up a shop and stock, among other things, Goth clothing. There's plenty of demand for that kind of thing in Melbourne. Marketing is one of our modules. It's nuts.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:25 am
truths untold
babykitty18
Ri_Ri
yes, but then you would begin to have (after a while) a bunch of 11 year olds going OMG I'M SO GOTH I LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC(side note-these kids consider Panic! at the Disco to be Goth...) AND WEAR STUFF FROM THIS STORE !!!!111!1!!!ONE ONE!!!!!!KTHXBAI

and after a while these stores would be forced to cater to the demands and eventually turn into HotTopic.....
when i first went there at there at the age of 12 i was actually pleased because it was the first time i was in a store that had some of the things i liked. but after a couple more visits and observing i realized how comercial and overpriced it was and it was just a dark version of aeropastle...

that's what would happe with more goth shops, unfortunately. Although, ignoring the retards... It would be awsome to have some Goth stores.

however , most of my clothes come from mainstream stores like Macy's or Target or Burlington Coat Factory because they'll just have rows of clothes and once in a while, on sale, they'll have something spooky or clever or dark. and when in doubt, sheck the guys section! xD

yeah, boots have to be from special stores. but that's hard for me either way because i have really small feet. (size 5 1/2 in womens, 3 1/2 in kids....)

I agree wit u fully...i don't have small feet tho...lmao but i do just get all my stuff from places that most ppl don't think they'd find dark, spooky, or clever things! xd

Actually, Hot topic is ownded by the same ppl who own hollister. or abercrombie. one of them. I have to go there though, scince the other stored never EVER have anything. I agree though. They are wayyy to overpriced. I got a cute top there the other day though. Its perfect for the next concert i'm going to.

Actually Hot Topic is not owned by any parent company. The only other chain they own/are affiliated with is Torrid. They have absolutely no ties to Hollister, Abercrombie, The Gap or any other store.  

This Old Oscillator

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:07 pm
spooky_sez
GilAskan
Supply and demand.

Simple as that. When the demand gets high enough, and goth-oriented stores start put up real profit margins, more will open. The internet's stores are multiplying rapidly, and I wouldn't doubt it spreads into real shop space sometime in the next few years.

I'm doing a business course at the moment so that my friend and I can start up a shop and stock, among other things, Goth clothing. There's plenty of demand for that kind of thing in Melbourne. Marketing is one of our modules. It's nuts.

You'll probably find a decent demand in just about any big city. Nice to hear you're looking to start something up.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:36 am
i need is a gothic shop that dose things in miniture im 4 foot 11 inches so tiny with 1 1/2 to a size 2 sized feet yet size 4 waist and size 6 thighs so i need small length small waist desent leg size and such...

i fit the three quarter lengths from teh shops there is that are like 45 mins bus journey away called hellfire, osiris, isis i got alot of my belts and such in teh gothic part of camden seeing some of my mates and such but now that burnt down am more or less screwd to find anything... for these shops i do fo to are very expensive and more cyber goth/'skank' goth and such....So new shops would BE AWSOME in Glasgow.  

DarkMouseGaze

Tipsy Smoker

9,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:32 pm
besides DIY, and the internet....there sometimes arises the need to find something that either cannot be made using local resources, or cannot be located for sale in the internet shops.

Save your pennies, darklings! sometimes you may have the opportunity to travel beyond the borders of your confinements into the wide wide world, and mayhaps stumble across that hole-in-the-cave, mom n' pop goth shop somewhere over the gloomy rainbow. At my last trip to boston, MA...my best friends took me to Salem. The shops there are unique, and I saved enough and set aside enough to find a victorian great coat and top hat at reasonable prices to take home while i was on vacation. I always set aside a bit of my vacation money for the happenstance occurence of finding one of these shops. Whenever I travel down to New Orleans, I put aside a couple hundred dollars for an impromptu visit to "Gargoyles" in the french quarter. save those allowances, spookies! just a few dollars a week, may mean the difference in wearing the same ole' thing versus finding that special something for your wardrobes...  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:21 pm
On day..when I can afforde it, I want to open up the first real alterna-fashion shop in DC. Like the good quality stuff. not that cheap trash they sell at hot topic.  

Naztakuan

Shadowed Intent

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:51 am
I'd say there should only be one or two in any given city, as, if there are more and the demand for gothic clothing is quite low, either both of the store's owners would be poor or, one store would go bankrupt.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:19 pm
I know what u mean. I live in North-East England. The only goth shops I can find anywhere are Doc Black and Katmando (I don't think I spelt it wrong)  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:07 am
Veruniel
One thing I'm not in favour of is more chain stores like Hot Topic. It has its place and there's nothing wrong with it, but I've always preferred little hole-in-the-wall goth shops that are as unique as members of the subculture like to attempt to be.

sounds reasonable  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:45 pm
i've never been to a goth store in my life.
i usually make my own stuff, or i shop at "normal" stores.

but sadly, here in el suburbs, if you don't buy everything from hot topic/spencers and have cheap black hair dye, you aren't consaidered goth.  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas