Collecting Wild Fish..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SquishyAngeh
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:11 am
Topic: Have you ever gone out to a river or lake and collected wild fish? I went to the river the other day and I caught 3 fish, unfortunatly the 2 little darter things that I caught died when I got home...but the other fish survived, I have figured out that it is either a:
Creek Chub
User Image

or a Blacknose Dace
User Image

they look alot alike, but the Creek Chub gets to about 8 inches long and eats little fish, like the ones it lives with in my tank....and the Blacknose Dace only gets to about 3 inches....so I am hoping it is the smaller one, but it might be the bigger one since I live in the westcoast and the smaller one lives in the east coast....so I will wish for the best sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:13 am
OK, if those dont work I will put up these links

Creek Chub
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/angelabrock75/Animals/CreekChub.jpg

Blacknose Dace
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/angelabrock75/Animals/blacknosedace.jpg

hope these work sweatdrop  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:59 pm
... yeah, they look too similar for me to tell apart.

I caught some kind of loach once, and he was awesome. I had him for a few years. On hindsight, it was probably not too smart to just plunk him in with my tropicals, but oh well. He was fine and so were they.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:37 pm
I separated my little guy for awhile then I plunked him in....my bigger fish nipped at him and made him ratty looking but thankfully he started growing so his fins are fine and dandy now.....I love my little guy, but if it looks like he is going to start eating my fish then I will have to find a spot to release him....that will be sad but I will have to do it  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:03 pm
That doesn't look like the type of fish that would eat others (not with that mouth) so it probably won't ever be a problem. biggrin  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games