Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Motivation is the weakness.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:04 pm
As the Subject says, I have pretty much no motivation. I mean I tell myself, Okay you gotta start losing some weight and not just sitting around the house all day on myspace and talking on the phone. I mean most people wouldn't call me fat. But, for my age I would think so. I'm 13 and 145 pounds and I'm 5'6. All the girls at my school are likes sticks. I feel like an outsiderr. Its sad, but im very mature for my age as well. I did cheerleading for 4 years and recently just got out of gymnastics for 8 years. I used to bike ride a lot and then my social life got more complicated with things and I got a boyfriend, so friends and my boyfriend qualify most of my time. But, most of all is the computer. Its addicting. I can't get off it. Haha, you know what I mean ? Uggh. Its hard. Especially when im with mu skinny friends and they are drinking pop and cookies and McDonalds. Actually, its very hard to say no. (Which i usually dont do unless im not hungry) At school Im just like okay when i get home imma exercise and and exercise and eat good foods. Then my mom orders pizza and pop and i just sit there watching tv and texting. Its awful.

Have any tips ?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:38 am
Noone can motivate you but YOU
you could have all the advice in the world, but noone is going to make a change for you but yourself.

So basically, just do it.

Heh.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Wilomena

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:52 am
You are your own motivation. If you want to do it bad enough you will work it out. But just remember being on a constant diet can kill the motivation. I suggest telling your friend at school you are "Hungry" all the time to avoid the junk at school. And if you do have the urge try to limit yourself to small portions.

As for your mom, explain to her your how you feel and ask her to limit pizza to maybe one night a week. Parent can be comprehensive about these kinds of things if you do your research and present it to them properly.

Though, remember you may not actually be over weight. Check out your BMI first and see if you are normal or not (there is a good link in one of the stickies). If you are normal then maybe all you need is to tone certain areas of your body. If you look better you will feel better smile

And while you are watching tv... try riding a stationary bike at the same time. Its hard to do both at first but it becomes a second nature after a while. I find the more that I watch something I am into the less I realize I am on the bike (and the faster I pedal too).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 pm
Sometimes i set rewards for myself, usually exercise related. So when i meet my next weight goal, i'll reward myself with some new gym shoes (mine are really old and smelly). Then, to use my new reward (which will be new and shiny and comfortable and nice smelling) i have to exercise- more motivation. And after that it might be a nike shirt (you know one of those nice ones that move the sweat away from you, called something like cool or dry shirts)

BUT! Do you guys ever lose some weight, or reach a goal and find it unmotivating?? Like, say i lose 2 kg one week, then i tend to say to myself "well ive met my goal now so i can slack off a bit on the exercise"? I find that really hard to work through  

Iconised Ghost

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:09 am
1rst of all, don't compare yourself to your friends, everyone is different and it's not a good habit to get into. You could be anorexic with your rib bones showing and your friends might be even skinnier.

When your friends are all eating McDonalds, you can have some too, just don't have a cheeseburger. Go for grilled chicken burger, sandwich, hell, even a salad! My family eat McDonalds A LOT, at least once a week when my mom works late my dad picks it up for us. But they got smart, they realized with so many people wanting to be healthy they were loosing customers so they have some healthy choices now.

You don't have to seperate your social life from your workout. Why not go for a long romantic walk with your boyfriend? ask your friends to go for a bike ride or something. The best possible motivation I think, is join some kind of club. If you can get your friends to join with you your set. But even if you can't, you can meet new people if you join a team or club. I joined kayaking all by my self and I met tons of people. I also joined rock climbing and the outdoor adventure club. Granted I go to college and most high schools don't have that kind of stuff, but they do outside of the school.

You could mention to your mom you would like to try eating healthy. Don't tell her you want to loose weight, most parents don't take that well. Just tell her you want to BE HEALTHIER.

try making some rules for yourself, no tv or comp till I've gone for a walk. that one usually works for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:55 am
You're 5'6", so you can add 24 to 60 pounds, so according to the Weight Watchers website, you can be healthy at anywhere between 124 and 150 pounds. You are, in fact, in the lower half of your healthy range. Losing more might be okay, but it isn't necessary at all for your continued good health. Just maintain what you've got.

Some girls at your school may be stick-thin, but there are others who are definitely not. Look around at EVERYONE, not just at the stick-thin. Losing weight isn't healthy if you're going below your ideal range, or if you're doing it just to fit in with other people. Losing weight is good if you're doing it for your health. Be your OWN healthy weight. Be an individual. You're lovely exactly the way you are, and I would say that even without having seen your cute picture in your sig.

Before looking at weight loss as a route to self-esteem, try looking at being the person you want to be. Are you honest? Are you fun? Are you kind to other people (and to yourself)? Are you generous? Do you make time for sick friends, younger kids, the older members of your family? That's the kind of stuff that makes you feel good about yourself. Weight is something that only your doctor should have the right to comment on, and hers is the only opinion, other than your own, that should count.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games