Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Finding Something Better

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiwi Girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:33 am
Finding Something Better

The purpose of this little thread is just for myself, but, of course, other people are more than welcome to read it, too. :3

As I said in the welcome section thingy, I'm 21 years old. :3 I'm in the process of moving back out to Las Vegas (where my parents live) so I can save for college classes and my wedding (08/08/08!!). I work at Famous Footwear and am trying to transfer to one of the stores in Vegas. xP

I've been overweight since I can remember. I realized I was somehow "different" from the other kids in first grade when a "friend" of mine found out how much I weighed and scoffed at me. -_-;

I lost over 30 pounds when I was 15, but life happened and I slid out of control and gained back all 30, plus another 50 or so.

I want to lose weight because I'm tired of it. I don't want to feel like I can't do the same things as everyone else because I'm fat. I don't want to tire out so easily, I don't want people to think I'm lazy, I don't want to be embarrassed looking in mirrors or pictures anymore. I want to enjoy being in my own skin. I want to look at that size 8(or whatever) on the clothing rack and realize it will fit me, and look good on me.

I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding. But I'm also doing it because I know that enough is enough.

Height: 5'2"
Highest Weight: 242 lbs
Current Weight: 227 lbs

Ten Percent Goal: 23 lbs (Lost 10 of it!)
Goal Weight for 08/08/08 (My planned wedding day!): 180 lbs (47 pounds to go!)
Ultimate Goal Weight: 120 lbs (107 pounds to go!)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:39 am
Weighed in on Wednesday at Weight Watchers and found out, surprisingly, I had lost 3.2 pounds! I was hoping for some weight loss since I had worked hard this last week, but I was blown away by that. heart

My second week I had also lost 3.2, third week I didn't lose any ( crying ), fourth week I had lost 1.2. I've lost 7.6 so far!

What I'm dealing with right now is just... Motivating myself to stick to it. I worked harder on my weight last week than I have in years, so I'm having a very hard time telling myself to stay with it!

One meal at a time, one day at a time, one week at a time.

Kiwi Girl

Kiwi Girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:55 am
This week has been a very stressful one for me because of my preparations for moving so, as a result, I haven't been paying much attention to what I'm eating and such... I only lost 0.6, but I am happy that I lost and not gained.

This journey is probably going to take me over a year, maybe even longer than that... But I'm sure the journey along the way to this weight goal will make 2008 one of my best years in a long time. :3 Plus, I'd much rather spend this year working towards my goals than sitting around letting time waste away.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games