Good
  Evil
  Wish I had one
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:15 pm
Shinigami_Princess
I began reading the book but I didn't understand what was going on until I saw the movie. Also, Tristan is easier to pronounce that Tristran. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Agreed. I didn't even notice the name wasn't spelled Tristan until halfway through the book. I just kept reading it as Tristan.

Ah, the power seletive vision. n.n  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:00 pm
Yep. I usually misread at least one name in a book because I'm racing along!  

Thalatte

Wissakins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:16 am
I read Stardust back when the graphic novel was new. I have no interest in reading it in paperback form. The movie was quite enjoyable though.

Now since this is an author thread and not just a Stardust thread, I'm going to mention a book I read recently: Coraline.

Coraline is a young adult novel, obviously written by Gaiman otherwise why would I post it here. Its about a young girl who moves to a new house with a strange door in her living room. The door leads to another world where a doppleganger of her mother has button eyes. It gets weirder from there. I enjoyed it although it is a very quick read. I found it rather spooky even though being written for a much younger audience.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 am
Pardon me, I misread. This apparently is a Stardust thread. I just clicked the directory to get here...hmm.  

Wissakins

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am
Wissakins
Pardon me, I misread. This apparently is a Stardust thread. I just clicked the directory to get here...hmm.

Yeah, I do that. If I know the author of a book, I put it in the directory as the author instead of the book. It's easier for people to find an author than a book. Most of the threads on specific books eventually turn into authors, anyway. Well, the longer ones do. The Crown Duel thread, Dresden Files, and a couple others did, at least. As long as the thread creator doesn't argue, it's all good. n.n And this one doesn't even check on the threads she makes.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 am
Its sad when people don't check their own threads. Lazy.

Since you said this might as well be for the author, not just the book, I'd like to mention that Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels are excellent. Very pretty and very well written. Pain in the behind to get at a decent price though. I had to borrow my uncle's collection to read.  

Wissakins

Masquanade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:29 pm
There's a nine hour drive between my college and home, and I do the drive at least four times during a school year. As such I get books on tape to listen to. Stardust was my first book I got, and was a completely random choice as it seemed it was the only option out of the other audiobooks. (Seriously good fantasy audiobooks are few and far between in stores, unless online.) I loved it. Granted the ending was a bit anticlimactic. I preferred the book over the movie, but there were parts of the movie I enjoyed over parts of the book.

I'll tell you one thing, Neil Gaiman narrates his stories so well. I've listened to Stardust and Neverwhere so far. (I liked Neverwhere a good deal more over Stardust.)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:34 pm
I keep meaning to pick up a copy of Neverwhere and read it. I've heard good things about it, but just never got around to reading it. Maybe my friend has a copy I can snatch off his shelves.  

Wissakins

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces