Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Encouraging Results!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MizzB1aze

Heroic Raider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:21 am
I haven't posted here for a long time, but since last year when I started my weight loss program I've lost 45 pounds! I realise 45 pounds isn't great for a whole year but the slower the weight comes off the longer it'll stay off. I started weighing 190 pounds and I now weigh 145. I still wanna lose 15 more pounds though and be 130 because I'm only 5'3 tall. But I'm happy cause when I started I wore size 14-16 jeans and now I wear 9-10 size jeans. biggrin Even if it takes me a while to lose that last bit of weight I don't care.

What I've been doing is eating low carb through the weekdays, and then eating pretty much what I want of higher carb foods, ( but I still stay away from suger) blowing my diet on the weekend is probably another reason it's taking me longer to lose weight, but by the end of the week I really crave carbs and my husband wants to go out and eat places and for me to cook pasta and other foods. I know he's gotten sick of me cooking diet food through the week lol. I have worked out at the gym a few times but have mostly been to lazy to, although now that I'm this close to my goal I've been exercising 3 times a week an hour each time and am hoping to work my way up slowly to 4 and then 5 days a week.

I'm hoping to lose a little more weight by April (my anniversary) because I'm wanting to go to the comic-con convention in New York and meet some of my gaia friends.

But yeah I'm very happy that I'm losing the weight and had to post my experience to encourage the rest of you guys. 3nodding (and believe me I'll let you know when I lose the last bit of weight!)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:57 am
Wow! That's really awesome that you've lost so much weight! I know you might feel like you're not losing it real fast, but you're losing it and you've already accomplished so much! :3 Good luck with those last few pounds!  

Kiwi Girl

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:36 am
That is wonderful, and I am SO PROUD of you! Keep up the great work, and enjoy your healthy new body!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:03 am
wow you have really achieved something!!! and healthily too!!!

may i ask what kind of exercises you were doing??? (to boost my weightloss efforts!!!)  

HormonallyYours

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:44 pm
I too would love to hear the exercises as well, Mew. Good work!

It's so hard to diet when you're cooking for another mouth! My husband is a bottomless pit, and he loves cheese and noodles and all sorts of things. I'll cook something and think "ooh I can just have a little and eat some tomorrow! : D" and then he'll eat it all.

*grumble* We've had a talk about it, >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:41 pm
Well mostly I walk 30 minutes each time on the treadmill, which is about a 2 mile walk and burns 140 callories. Then I'll lift the weights on the various weight machines they have, do about 30 ab crunches (I have a pretty thin waist though so I don't worry much about that area) and do some step ups and squats. I'm built as a pear shape so squats are my friend. But I need to figure out a good exercise to get rid of flabby arm fat. Anyways it takes up about an hour.

Recently though instead of the treadmill I've started working out on a type of ski machine they have at my gym, it has a different motion then the treadmill so that even if I don't get the same distance I burn more callories. It burns about 10 callories a minute! So I do that for about an hour for my work out with a little weight lifting on the side. I've been trying to up my days as well.

Since my last post (Feb 1), and according to what my scale says today (Mar 26) I weigh 136, which means I've lost 9 pounds in nearly 2 months. smile  

MizzB1aze

Heroic Raider

tthorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:32 am
The fact that you've managed to keep it off is really inspirational! Congratulations!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:48 pm
45 pounds is AMAZING for one year, provided it was lost the healthy way.

Thanks for the inspiration. I bet you look great! ^0^  

LadyImpish

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:09 pm
congrats, 45lbs in a year IS a lot. But if you don't want to feel guilty about treating yourself on weekends, why not put more focus onto burning those carbs than not consuming them at all? Park as far as possible when shopping. Walk and take the stairs whenever possible. I don't know what your day to day life is so it's hard to suggest much else, but, you get the idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 am
That's wonderful and so inspiring! It's good to know you can have that break on the weekends without feeling too guilty about it and still show results!  

Starlurk

MizzB1aze

Heroic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:08 am
Starlurk
That's wonderful and so inspiring! It's good to know you can have that break on the weekends without feeling too guilty about it and still show results!
Yep and my total weightloss now is 55 pounds!!! So close to my goal! mrgreen But yeah I've started getting to the gym more and burn 500 callories a day as to curb my weekend eating.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:16 am
That is so impressive, TombRaider. You're an inspiration!  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games