Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about Jaqueline Carey?
  Love her
  Loathe her
View Results

Kimeira

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:58 am
Say, have any of you guys ever read Jaqeline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy series?

If you haven't, and you're serious about getting hold of some really excellent fantasy, READ IT NOW!

If you have read it, tell me how much you loved it!

Or tell me how much you loathed it. I don't care.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:29 am
While I don't loathe her, I can't say I was too impressed with her book. I read Kushiel's Dart, and while it was good, it really didn't make me want to read the next book. So... I didn't. I don't even remember any specifics of the book, just that it wasn't great to me. So, yeah. Not a particularly bad book, but not a particularly good one, either, in my opinion.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:34 pm
I've been meaning to grab one of her books, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:37 am
Make time. Seriously, it's that good.  

Kimeira

Bubbliscious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:04 am
Great books, so far, I'm in the middle of the second one so far, and don't really see any reason to put it down. It was kind of a random grab at the bookstore, but I'm very happy with it. I really like the 1st person perspective, you don't see a lot of it, but considering who and, more importantly, what, the main character is, it really fits. I think without said perspective, we wouldn't be able to like her as much. I think the largest flaw that people will find in it is how long it takes to start moving. This is actually something I enjoyed immensely. I liked to see about 300 pages of character, and world, development. It really laid out the rest of the story, and now, into the second book, I already have all of that info drilled into my head, so I could just jump in. Altogether, I really like this set so far, and have no intention of not finishing it razz  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:43 pm
Read all her book in the series and then some. I really enjoyed the books. She does a great job with the first person perspective. I also find that all the characters have real substance to them, they are not just the 'bad guy', if you know what I mean. I also like how she gets really in depth with all the politics and story lines, really gets the mind working. 3nodding  

draven_heart

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:42 am
NightIntent
While I don't loathe her, I can't say I was too impressed with her book. I read Kushiel's Dart, and while it was good, it really didn't make me want to read the next book. So... I didn't. I don't even remember any specifics of the book, just that it wasn't great to me. So, yeah. Not a particularly bad book, but not a particularly good one, either, in my opinion.

I agree. I finished the first book and while it wasn't bad, I didn't particularly feel motivated to move onto the next one. I just find other books more enticing. I'll admit, it wasn't bad enough that I had to struggle to finish it, but once I was finished I was like ... "okay, moving on..."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:30 pm
So far I love the series. She is one of my favorite authors for now. My only problem is it takes forever for her books to come out in paper back and the newest one is always taunting me in the bookstore.  

Flitterbye

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff