Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Vamps Vs Goths What's the Difference Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demos_the_Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:12 pm
Vamps are real, but not in the sense of drinking blood. We feed off of energy that is usually ouputed trough some ones aura. As some one else said unless you are born knowing that you are a vampire it usually requires an awakeing and several small and some dramatic changes to someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:03 pm
SslyNinja
One worships death
the other is just...well dead

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ALL HAIL DEATH  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:32 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
SslyNinja
One worships death

ALL HAIL DEATH

Join me in prayer my fellow members of the New Gothic Order!

....we now raise our iron ankhs in reverence to you, oh eternal godess of the dark expanses of existance between this and the next life....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:31 pm
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
SslyNinja
One worships death

ALL HAIL DEATH

....we now raise our iron ankhs in reverence to you, oh eternal godess of the dark expanses of existance between this and the next life....

Wouldn't it be raising iron ankhs in favor of the endless "of the dark expanses..."?  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:37 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
XWraith_LordX
-Resurrected Writer-
SslyNinja
One worships death

ALL HAIL DEATH

Wouldn't it be raising iron ankhs in favor of the endless "of the dark expanses..."?
Fixed! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:29 pm
well, i had this really good disertation on the nature of vampires and gothic life in general....but one slip of the finger, and I lost the whole good thing....grrrr...

basically....

in the gothic subculture, where once existed only the music and those who followed it, there now exists a new form of the goth lifestyle that embraces many ideas and concepts.....even the vampires.
All.......embraced within the dark folds of the thing we lovingly call "Goth". Where all things are possible, and everything dark, mysterious, and macabre is lovingly celebrated....

now,if I had to place a difference on the two...

Vampires=Lestat, nosferatu, bela lugosi...

Goths=Riff Raff from Rocky Horror, Igor, edward scissorhands...

the common denominator between the two, however, would be the "beautiful death" scenario, shared by more than a few cultures other than just goths and vampirism combined.

Goths worship the "beautiful death" concept in many different ways.
The vampires strive to look like "beautiful death" in outward appearance and mannerisms.
Both.....achieve that goal in their own unique ways.....  

Keevan Draco

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 pm
As far as I know vampires aren't human, therefore a human lifestyle clothing and music taste choice could pertian or not. Vampire is a noun, while goth is usually an adjective. A vampire could be goth if she or she chose to be in the same way that a human could.
I believe there are vampire CEO's and stay at home mom's, as well as dark club black wearing vampires. It's all in the disguise they choose, the places they decide to put themselves in the human world.
I've known a few auric vampires who drifted into the goth territory, because that is where they fit in the best. People were more willing to accept the misery that went along with them in a world of people who thrive on misery. ((creative juices? who knows...)) That doesn't mean they were born gothic, they were born naked babies like everyone else and who they are was made by their decisions over time.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:43 pm
KeevanSixx
well, i had this really good disertation on the nature of vampires and gothic life in general....but one slip of the finger, and I lost the whole good thing....grrrr...

basically....

in the gothic subculture, where once existed only the music and those who followed it, there now exists a new form of the goth lifestyle that embraces many ideas and concepts.....even the vampires.
All.......embraced within the dark folds of the thing we lovingly call "Goth". Where all things are possible, and everything dark, mysterious, and macabre is lovingly celebrated....

now,if I had to place a difference on the two...

Vampires=Lestat, nosferatu, bela lugosi...

Goths=Riff Raff from Rocky Horror, Igor, edward scissorhands...

the common denominator between the two, however, would be the "beautiful death" scenario, shared by more than a few cultures other than just goths and vampirism combined.

Goths worship the "beautiful death" concept in many different ways.
The vampires strive to look like "beautiful death" in outward appearance and mannerisms.
Both.....achieve that goal in their own unique ways.....

That was possibly the best definition I have seen that wasn't half a page long.  

Shadowed Intent

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:25 pm
Demos_the_Demigod
Vamps are real, but not in the sense of drinking blood. We feed off of energy that is usually ouputed trough some ones aura. As some one else said unless you are born knowing that you are a vampire it usually requires an awakeing and several small and some dramatic changes to someone.

I have seen no evidence that vampires exist.
More to the point, I have seen no evidence that auras exist. Believe me when I say that I've looked. Every line of evidence presented for them, from people claiming they can see them to Kirlian photography have either been debunked or had better, alternate explanations presented for them.
(Seeing auras can be debunked by placing an opaque screen in a room, and having the person claiming aura vision to stand on one side of it, and to place either a person (which would have an aura) or a mannequin (which wouldn't) on the other side of the screen. So far, no person has been reliably able to differentiate between the two.)
(Krilian photography is a result of the corona effect, a perfectly natural phenomena.)

Believing strongly enough that one feeds of anothers aura will have psychosomatic effects correlating with the expected effects. That is, while there are psychological effects, they are completely derived from the psychological belief in vampirism.

Unless evidence is produced to support the claim, energy vampirism may safely be considered debunked. And no, personal experience doesn't count, due to the above explanation.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:35 pm
XWraith_LordX

I might remind all here of one of the oldest poems about Death.

"Alone of gods Death has no love for gifts,
Libation helps you not, nor sacrifice.
She has no altar, and hears no hymns;
From her alone Persuasion stands apart."
Aeschylus (525-465 B.C.) "Niobe"  

DieiNoctis

VampyricOrigins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:15 pm
The Goths Were A 4th-5th Century Barbaric Tribe...Goth Now Adays Is Considered on Numerous Different Parts...Because There Are Different Sub-Cultures Of It....

Vampires Are Hollywood Creations, Along With SOME Of The Mythilogical Legends And Beliefs....

Vampyrs Are The True Vampires, As I Am, We Don't Obviously Don't Live Forever But We Were Born Maybe With Different Things That Makes Up Have "Vampyric Qualities"...Be It A Love For Blood, Our Skin May Get Burned Easier In Sunlight, Sunlight May Make Us Sick....But In Essence Alot Of These Are Either Personal Preference Or Medical Reasons  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:26 pm
Hollow_Banki
ok good point.
but i don't like most gothic music or at least what i've heard i don't like.
and what about if you only like the gothic clothes or if you like to drink blood. can you be goth and not dress in all black or not like death metal and still be gothic?
what makes a goth a goth?

I am aware that this point here was brought up near the beginning of this topic, and I didn't care to read through what every one had to say. In saying that, someone may have already pointed this out. But as far as the wearing all black, I have seen some pretty hardcore goths who wear all white and I find that to be very interesting and different. Now, as much as the whole world of vampires fascinate me, Drinking blood goes a little above and beyond. I know that there are some people out there who do drink blood, and I'm not saying that it's wrong. I'm not here to judge anyone because of their actions. Each goth in my opinion is unique in their own way. Most of the goths I know make the whole thing work in a way that suits them. Yes, it may not be full out goth, but mixing individuality into the goth culture creates your own little sense of it. Most people I know say that goths are people who don't want to conform, but technically, they're conforming to the goth trend. So when mixing individuality into the goth style, it keeps that non conforming feel. I don't know if any one else see's it that way, but for me, I spent most of my life trying to conform to my friends and then eventually ruined my personality. I've always had a fetish with the black, dark reds, and dark purples. Where I live, most of the goths aren't hardcore. It's a small town, so what do you expect but we've tried to make it work. We stand out from the crowd, and we're who we want to be.
Anyway, before this gets too long, I will end with a final statement. Make it work for you. Don't focus too much on becoming so goth, that you lose yourself in the process.

I hope that helped.
xQuothxthexRavenx  

xBio_hazordousx

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out