Reply Fantasy Books Guild
(Undead) Queen Betsy series // MaryJanice Davidson

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

danniqi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:45 pm
{I went pretty far back in the forum and didn't see a forum for these, if there was one I apologize.}

I absolutely love MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy (or Undead) series. I think Davidson is truely hilarious and an entertaining writer. She makes it very easy to relate to her characters (even if they are vampires ~ or in her other books mermaids, werewolfs, robots, etc etc etc)...I think it is amazing that she has pretty much developed her one Vamplore -- instead of using the boring old stuff...

anyway what do you think??

As for her other books I also like these:
~ Sleeping With the Fishes
~ The Royal Treatment

I didn't really like Hello Gorgeous though...

I'ven't read her teen-read, the Jennifer Scales series :: has anyone? is it good? should I pick it up?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:25 pm
Oooh, I loved her books! I have to admit, though, I got a bit tired of the Undead series. I stopped after the... fourth book? I think fourth. I don't remember the title. I own the first two, and the other two I borrowed from my friend, who also read them. I've also got The Royal Treatment and The Royal Pain. They were both pretty good. I agree with the Hello Gorgeous thing. I don't even remember if I read it or not, which is a bad sign.

Those are the only books by her that I've read. I was going to read her werewolf series, but I just have no motivation to. n.n" While her books are hilarious, I just... lost interest.  

NightIntent
Captain

danniqi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:43 am
NightIntent
Oooh, I loved her books! I have to admit, though, I got a bit tired of the Undead series. I stopped after the... fourth book? I think fourth. I don't remember the title. I own the first two, and the other two I borrowed from my friend, who also read them. I've also got The Royal Treatment and The Royal Pain. They were both pretty good. I agree with the Hello Gorgeous thing. I don't even remember if I read it or not, which is a bad sign.

Those are the only books by her that I've read. I was going to read her werewolf series, but I just have no motivation to. n.n" While her books are hilarious, I just... lost interest.

Actually -- the last one (the 7th) is hilarious... I really enjoyed it.

I _loved_ Royal Treatment though, I'ven't read the 2nd one yet -- I want to but I have to wait until I can get somewhere less Korean. O.o Still the first was great, and I read it at HUGE conference for English Teachers (mostly tell all of us not to touch children) ..it was way boring and I was sitting right in the middle of the conference room...reading...laughing _so_ hard I was crying.

It was great. The people sitting around me were jealous, I was the only one having any fun ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:21 pm
I'll probably go back and read the rest of the books eventually. But for now, they're on a back burner. There are a ton of books coming out--or are already out--that are higher on my priority list.

I agree, The Royal Treatment was hilarious. The second one isn't as funny, but still good.  

NightIntent
Captain

danniqi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:23 pm
I know what you mean -- I have lots of other books I've got to get to reading -- but life seems to think reading isn't as important as it used to be!

I usually use her books for days I know I'm going to be bored -- ie the conference or a plane ride or something, so that I know I'll finish it and the book will definitely make me smile ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:07 pm
They're definitely good for a smile. Davidson somehow manages to come up with the craziest things for her characters to do--yet they still seem plausible in context. Pretty crazy, if you think about it.  

NightIntent
Captain

danniqi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:34 pm
omg! i know -- she either lives a really insane life, or just has an imagination to kill for!

It's amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:45 pm
It really is amazing. And she comes up with it so consistently. I'd love to know where she gets the inspiration.  

NightIntent
Captain

Wissakins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:00 pm
I love Davidson. I believe at this time I've read everything she's written. The Jennifer Scales books are good and I recommend them. I also really love Betsy and her Mermaid series. I read her books so quickly I end up waiting for the next one to come out.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games