Reply Music - Related Topics
Pandora Internet Radio

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:36 am
I found this amazing service after hearing about it on youtube. (no, I'm not trying to sell anything, it's just truly amazing... and awesome...)

Basically what you do is put in a band or song name, and it selects music that's similar to that band or song, making entire selections like that.

I have a Sister's of Mercy station, and it within 4 songs it's played The Sisters of Mercy (1959), The Mission UK (Wasteland), and The Fair Sex (Not Here, Not Now), and The 69 Eyes (Betty Blue).

If you don't like a song, you just say so, and it will never play the song again, and will decrease the likelyhood of hearing songs like that again. ON the other hand, you can say you like a song, and it will increase the likelihood of hearing songs like that.

The only complaint I had is that you can't go backwards to listen to the same song again. You can, however, bookmark a song and listen to it whenever you want. Another bad thing is that some songs aren't available, but with such an extensive collection, it's still quite amazing.

Did I mention that it's completely free, paid for by completely unintrusive ads, giving royalties to the artists whenever their song is played.

I highly recommend that people check it out. Here's a link:

http://www.pandora.com

Seriously, check it out. It's awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:00 pm
I know, I love Pandora. It's my best internet friend. You Should leave a comment on my profile. I'm Miranda Unedited...  

Laharl Part Deux

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:21 pm
Did do.

By the way, to all who wanna gimme a comment, I'm Bloody F**king Loon.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:47 pm
I was just about to make a thread about it 'til I noticed this. So far I've found about 10 new bands that I'd never even heard of that I rather like. I didn't know Godhead did a cover of Eleanor Rigby either =]  

DioRte

SC_Anubis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:43 pm
awesome!

I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have a goth station of some sorts to listen to. I''l have to rape this Pandora.com!

Now if only there was a radio station in my area like that...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:16 am
Yeah, that's great if you live in the US, but it's not available outside of the US.

Lovely.
I was really looking forward to that.

Tainted Deity

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:31 pm
I love Pandora in concept, but I've found I only get it to work about 3 out of every 4 times. Some stations I've created are really perfect, but others seem to stray in odd directions. Furthermore, stations which blend too many styles of music will often not work well for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:59 pm
GilAskan
I love Pandora in concept, but I've found I only get it to work about 3 out of every 4 times. Some stations I've created are really perfect, but others seem to stray in odd directions. Furthermore, stations which blend too many styles of music will often not work well for me.
Yeah I've noticed that with a lot of my Goth Rock centered stations that they tend to go way out there. On the other hand my punk based stations play beautifully.  

Laharl Part Deux

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:51 am
Laharl Part Dux
GilAskan
Yeah I've noticed that with a lot of my Goth Rock centered stations that they tend to go way out there. On the other hand my punk based stations play beautifully.

I've had similar experiences.

My biggest problem has come from multi-genre stations, which virtually never work, but I always try to do. I'll input Emperor, cLOUDDEAD, and Reverend Glasseye, and the station will somehow end up giving me Don Dokken.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:36 pm
I use pandora a good deal when I'm not on a last.fm kick.

I listen to Dissolved Girl (Massive Attack) radio, and I have it so it just repeatedly plays the songs I like.
A good deal.
I also occasionaly use a In Dust We Trust (Chemical Brothers)/Soho (Various) radio.
I wouldn't bother making another staton and messing with it untill it's exactly what I want. Takes too long.

Pandora has a pause button. I'm pretty sure the pause button is what made me stay.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:58 pm
thats weird.......... i'm listening to pandora right now and i find this thread......... really weird  
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games