Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
kroot painting ideas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_emo_guitarist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:09 pm
does anybody have ideas on kroots? i got some kroots and i dont know what color scheme to paint them. plz leave pictures or ideas  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 am
Honestly, just pick something. If you want to emphasize their stealth aspect pick something thatll be similar to the flocking of their bases to show camoflauge. Or if you want somethign dynamic, contrasting colors, with maybe even stripes or mottled patches. These are all things touched on in the Tau codecies. Or you can download for free the Kroot Merc codex pdf from the gamesworkshop site, which also has painting and conversion ideas for kroot.

Otherwise they can be any color just like nids, so do what looks good to you.

King Kento

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 pm
Mine are scaly green with black quills. Their clothes are desert yellow to offset the green colour. Contrast is the key with kroot. You don't want, say, brown coloured kroot wearing leather-looking clothing, 'cause then you've got too much brown. You need a skin tone and cloth colour that contrast.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 am
If you dont have idea how paint kroot or others go there: http://www.warmongerclub.com/articles/kroot/kroot5.html  

Shy Feio

Libertado

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 am
Hello, first post here in this guild. I used to have a Tau/Kroot army, and I used a Rotting Flesh based skin tone, with leather brown for their "clothing" I had two squads, so to distinguish them, I painted their plums in different colors. My gaming friends refered to them as "Parrot Kroot" since their feathers were colored after the Macaw (sp?) parrots.

Hope this helps...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 am
Look you two (Shy Feio & Libertado), its generally a good idea to stay a bit more current.
This thread is from January. Its not really old, bu it was getting there, and seeing as the OP never responded, it can be assumed that he's not really paying attention.

Also, to libertado specifically, odd first post. Why not use the introduction thread, or post something about your army in those threads? Or hell even our chatterbox/general discussion.

King Kento

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff