Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:28 pm
I am afraid to post my music on the internet in case someone might steal it
so basically-
do you think I should post it, and just hope if it does happen, it is minimal amounts of theft? or just hold off and perform it
I really hate the idea of performing it before having a group of people to back it up to begin with
whats the point of performing to a group of people, none of which have heard your material? It would be nice to have atleast one person knowing whats coming  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:49 pm
I know what you mean and you are right to worry about that. I personally won't even share my poetry online anymore, much less my music, because of my fear of piracy or being ripped off. But there are people who do post their music online anyway, so it's more of a question of how badly you want to risk theft when posting it online. As for your concerns of no one knowing whats coming when you perform, you could share your work only with people you trust (in the real world or online) or you could keep playing it until you have an audience that will be familiar with your work and know whats coming. Another thing you could try is to have one or more people that you know (or randomly bugged and bribed to do so) and have them cheer or shout out the song name or something when you start off a song, then you have at least a few people that know (or pretend to know) whats coming and then that conveys that message to the rest of the audience as well. I hope this helped some!  

Spectrum_Rhapsody

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 pm
Spectrum_Rhapsody
...Another thing you could try is to have one or more people that you know (or randomly bugged and bribed to do so) and have them cheer or shout out the song name or something when you start off a song, then you have at least a few people that know (or pretend to know) whats coming and then that conveys that message to the rest of the audience as well. I hope this helped some!

that great
i should totally try that one---i like it xD
I can imagine myself walking up to people with a demo bribing them to cheer us(the band) on
That would be pretty funny  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:45 pm
I know I would have a hard time posting my music online...but I like the idea above...  

Lieto

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:13 pm
TOFUapproves
Spectrum_Rhapsody
...Another thing you could try is to have one or more people that you know (or randomly bugged and bribed to do so) and have them cheer or shout out the song name or something when you start off a song, then you have at least a few people that know (or pretend to know) whats coming and then that conveys that message to the rest of the audience as well. I hope this helped some!

that great
i should totally try that one---i like it xD
I can imagine myself walking up to people with a demo bribing them to cheer us(the band) on
That would be pretty funny
Glad you liked the idea. That's what I'd probably do...well, if I ever get lucky enough to get stuck in a band with people that know what the hell they're even doing...I need more than just the guitarist (moi) and the drummer working on songs, while everyone else just says what instrument they're in charge of and never does anything stare ... Good luck with your music! And if you ever use that tactic, tell me how it works out! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 pm
Yes I always feel the same way.I feel like someone is just gonna steal my song or something.So I don't ever post any songs that I have written.But that's just me you know?  

Scorchbird14

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:28 pm
If nobody is quoting you, you haven't said anything worth saying.

be flattered if people bite your music, you're influencing other musicians. you're the one with the skill, they're just generic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:57 pm
if you want to share your s**t go ahead. if there's people in the world low enough to actually steal it word for word(or very close to it), what are they? that's right, no-talent offspring of wasted youth. but there will be people that go, "wow! I dig it!" or will be inspired to write for themselves.  

Space_Monkee

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:46 am
just use the poor mans patent people. mail yourself a copy of the music, lyrics and melodie and crap like that. that way if anyone trys to steal your s**t, you have foolproof evidence saying ******** you man that song is mine b***h.  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games