Music, life... same thing.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dorijael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:27 pm
What is music really?
Is it just a mix of sounds playing togheter and following a rythm?
Or is there something more behing it? That unexplainable somthing that we feel, as it forces us to follow it's beat.

On an interview, Billie Joe Armstrong replied: "...music to me is the air that I breathe, it's the blood that pumps through my veins, that keeps me alive..."
There are certain people in this earth that not only hear or listen the music that surrounds them, but they feel it, deep inside of them and they sence how every circumstance originates the necesary sounds to create the music they hear, even though it is not there.

I'm one of them.
Every person is adicted to something, I, myself, am adicted to music, and people like us can't live without being able to express ourselves with a guitar or a piano as a second language.

Most people use music just as an amusement, or a background for when they're doing something, or some use it an escape, as a getaway, just to forget about the problems they have in their lives.
We don't, we take it sereously, we've fallen in love with the sounds that come out when we strike each and every chord, and the notes produced by hitting the keys from C to B.

Music to us is not just a mix of sounds, music is what feelings sound like.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:34 pm
I absolutely and totally agree to every word you said  

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150

Satrevi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:28 am
music can be anything. what i am about to say you guys may have a hard time believing but i know what iheard and it's your choice to belive this or not/

Ok, so people wonder how music touches us so well. well in a sense our bodies are powered by music, i am talking about the psychic energy centers within us all that correspond to musical notes. this stuff is for real, as for as more occultish magical just come up with your own preferred name for the hocus pocus, but there are magical songs, I used to know one of them i played on guitar and a few others. But you know how when we dream sometimes we really are getting a peek on the other side. I heard something on the other side in a dream that made it so it took a lot more with musical notes to impress me than it used to. I heard a note that couldn't be played on this world. i know this sounds crazy but i'm not making it up, i've heard two notes that cannot be played on this earth. and i know for a fact there are more notes than just 14 available,

So msuic, can be a creator, a destroyer, an uplifter, a relaxer, a venter, a spell, used for meditation,

and to think we don't even have all the notes either. I mean, like i said it is your choice whether you guys want to bleive this or not, but i know what i see, and i know what i heard/ and i sincerely hope you guys get to hear the notes i heard as well. because you won't think the same on music after that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:07 pm
i would have to say it totally agreeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

strawberrydaiquiri13

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 pm
Music is not my life, but rather a tool to tell my life story in a way words cannot. Music is a rich and powerful form of communication, a song can make people cry (the song "gloomy sunday" is said to have caused suicides) and music can lift people up again and keep them going. Music is a photograph of emotion, deep rhythm that stops your heart and knots your throat and makes you feel exactly how the musician did. The Mars Volta may sound strange to alot of people but to someone who grew up in El Paso Texas, about one mile away from Juarez Mexico they capture the theme of our town perfect. Every beautiful blemish and imperfection of our city in the form of sound. Music is the soundtrack to your life.

I don't live musi, music lives through me.  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games