Reply ----::::The FISH Tank::::----
Question about guppies ...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugar Slave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:44 pm
Just wondering if there might be anything that you all know of that I can give to my mother guppy to help her regain her strength. She had around 70 babies while I was on vactaion and got preg. again before I came home to get her out of the tank and she just had around 80+ this time. I have her in a seperate tank now so that she can recopperate but I was wondering if anyone has food suggestions so that I help her regain her strength shes around 2 years old and I really don't want to lose her. heres a blurry pic of some of my babies for you all to see.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:28 pm
Since posting my oldest guppy has passed. I think she may have died from haveing so many babies. She just never got any better even with me seperateing her from the rest. All of the other fish are doing fine so thats all I could think of it being.  

Sugar Slave

SquishyAngeh
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:20 pm
im sorry that you lost that guppy...its always sad to loose something, just the other day I came into my bedroom to find that 4 fish had died....now that sucked

but on the bright side, you have all the babies to look forward to raising  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:51 am
Red musqiuto larves, small pieces of shrimp (fting into the mouth, and not flavourd in any way) and wery small amounts of shrimp eggs. (they are high on salt, so don't over feed)

Even small pieces of quecumber.  

Pantodon

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:30 pm
I think she ment cucumber.....

And you say you've had your fish for around 2 years? o.o
I may be wrong...but isn't that the average lifespan of a guppy?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:27 am
I think it was around the average life span but before she died so completely repopulated my tank now I just worry about them inbreding....  

Sugar Slave

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:08 pm
Sugar Slave
I think it was around the average life span but before she died so completely repopulated my tank now I just worry about them inbreding....
Inbreeding isn't really a problem with fish. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:19 am
Wow she had a lot of fry. I've read that they can have 100+ ... My Guppies however, had never had more than 35 Guppies at a time.  

~frozen~illusions~

----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff