Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Big project dioramas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

duquie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:14 pm

OK, I've run out of people to game against in my area so I've decided to start making dioramas. My first idea will be the "Desecration of the Basilica of St. Capilene" A battle between Necrons and black templar space marines in old ruins of a city in Verdus Prime. I plan to incorperate a land raider and rhino with regular space marines against a myriad of several necron models. Basic idea is that necrons are owning large and only one marine is having any success named Marshal Augustine.

Now I invite you to give your ideas on that and/or go wild with any ideas of any other fights that might look cool. yea?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:52 pm

Theers plenty of fights that could look good. One example being the siege that theres a very popular wallpaper of. I cant rememebr whether its in an Index Astartes or the codex, but had to do with some one armed marine grabbing the banner as the standard beared dies and holding onto the thing. I think it was a fight against orks and the chapter was ultramarines. But its a bit late for me to did through my books and find the fluff blurb.

King Kento

duquie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:46 am

mean as... any paticullar ork group or just a generic mob of green skins? cant say ive read of it. only got a few codexes...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 am

The fall of Ancient Gallatan is what Kento is referring to.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Thank you brookman.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:51 pm

that looks cool as. i reckon it wud be fun as too get a flag to look something like that one... its bigger than the normal model ones... hav to custom one up but it wud look awesome. any other ideas?

duquie

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:01 am

The horus heresy has plenty of great moments that could be used. Simply look at the novel series, or buy a pack or two of the card game. Plenty of ideas there.

And actually now that i think of it, most of te codecies will have awesome battles and last stand moments you could use. Id say just read around.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 pm

thats a cool idea... ive seen someone do one of the horus vs emperor battle before... that was cool... i thought that maybe something linked too that wud be good to do. i used to play iron warriors so i was considering doing something about the iron cage story. Basicly Iron warriors with all kinds of fortifications utterly destroying some imperial fists.

i know im weird i like destroying space marines, they seem like such good victums too me tho...

duquie

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:01 pm

I concur on the Horus Heresy art, especially the cover art of the novels. When you look at the overall image and focus on certain parts that stand out, you can try the same with the said dioramas. One visceral battle where one or more individuals stand out, either through actions, posing or use of colour.

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games