Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
A little help...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silvess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm
These are my stats. Where would you guy's recommend that I train now that I am passed level 20?

Gothimar
--------------------

Job: Swordman
Lv:21
Str:65
Dex:35
Int:10
Luk:14  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Are the intelligence and luck the base stats or equip??

What can you 1-2 hit kill?  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Takahashi Retsu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 pm
i suggest u restart and get your stats right this time if u want a warrior its
STR: all points except wat goes to dex
DEX: double your lvl
INT: 4 or 5 whatever you roll
LUK: same as int  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 pm
Takahashi Retsu

Restart? When you say double my level on DEX, what do you mean exactly?  

Silvess

Xeno Incognito

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Silvess
Takahashi Retsu

Restart? When you say double my level on DEX, what do you mean exactly?

Make a new character. At your level, it's not too late. To maximize your STR and DEX later on, it'd be better to "roll" the dice until you get either 4 or 5 in Int and Luk when you make a new char. You're never going to need Int or Luk as a warrior. Also, double your level is exactly what it sounds like. If you're at level 10, you'd need 20 dex at that point.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 am
Silvess
These are my stats. Where would you guy's recommend that I train now that I am passed level 20?

Gothimar
--------------------

Job: Swordman
Lv:21
Str:65
Dex:35
Int:10
Luk:14

NUUUUUU!!!!!!!!! YOU STILL HAVE TIME!!! MAKE A NEW ONE!!! YOU SCREWED UP!!! 4/5 ON LUK AND INT AND W/E ON DEX AND STR!!!  

Ninja no Ryukage

The Raining Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:53 am
Don't listen to them. I messed up my mage at an early level, but I managed to fix it. Just keep doing the right stat separation, and you'll be fixed. PS- The part where I messed up on my mage, I have 21 STR -.-"

As for training, I suggest you kpq and hpq, even though hpq sucks, but at least you get exp. Go to Perion and train on boars and stumps and whatever you can hit. Although, even if you're able to hit wild boars, I suggest you save them till you're level 27-30, especially 30, cause you get more abilities, and you get enhanced stats, and better accuracy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:49 pm
EmoJirachi
Don't listen to them. I messed up my mage at an early level, but I managed to fix it. Just keep doing the right stat separation, and you'll be fixed. PS- The part where I messed up on my mage, I have 21 STR -.-"

As for training, I suggest you kpq and hpq, even though hpq sucks, but at least you get exp. Go to Perion and train on boars and stumps and whatever you can hit. Although, even if you're able to hit wild boars, I suggest you save them till you're level 27-30, especially 30, cause you get more abilities, and you get enhanced stats, and better accuracy.

Do you do the same damage as other mages your level with similar equip stats?

A guild mate messed up his I/L stats and put points into dex. We were training and my boyfriends I/L did a noticeable amount in damage more at a lower level than the guild mates I/L. My boyfriend has the ideal stats for a mage. From this experience, restarting would be wise.

How did you fix the points if the amount that should be in INT is in STR? The only way I can think of is shelling out the mesos for perfectly scrolled equips.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:16 pm
Hari-Kari
EmoJirachi

A guild mate messed up his I/L stats and put points into dex. We were training and my boyfriends I/L did a noticeable amount in damage more at a lower level than the guild mates I/L. My boyfriend has the ideal stats for a mage. From this experience, restarting would be wise.

How did you fix the points if the amount that should be in INT is in STR? The only way I can think of is shelling out the mesos for perfectly scrolled equips.

Or money, for resets in the Cash Shop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:58 am
For a real answer from me however, I've pretty much the same to say:

@Emo; If you like having not reset your character, thats fine, but the decision is up to Silvess. You shouldn't go around saying not to listen to us, when we have the wiser decision, opposed to what you had stated.

Aside from that, Silvess, as everyone had stated, you'd be better of restarting.

Getting to 21 would only take a day or two, if you really go at it.

STR: Every other point added not added into DEX.
DEX: Twice your Level (BaseLevelx2, eg. level 20, you would have 40 dex)
INT: 4 or 5
LUK: 4 or 5

Doing so optimizes yourself to be able to do the most damage possible, while being able to hit your enemies.

Most warriors suggest capping (when you stop adding into a stat forever) DEX at 100.

Example: when your DEX hits 100, you never add into DEX again.

When you choose to cap DEX is your decision, but more DEX equals a greater chance to hit your enemies.

Just to say, my warrior has 5 int and 5 luk.

I keep dex exactly twice my level, and at level 15, 20 and when I hit 25, and beyond, I've noticed I will have JUST ENOUGH (bare minimum) STR to equip those current level equipment.

So if you do use this commonly suggested build, you should make sure INT/LUK are 4/4 4/5 5/5 4/6 6/4.
10 or less points within those two stats, at the least, is what you should make sure to do.

Remember, you don't have to restart, but its highly suggested, as it saves many points for STR and DEX, and you either are, or may eventually experience difficulties equipping say, level 30 equipment right when you hit 30. o_o

Either way, have fun.

A Rusty Nail

The Raining Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 am
Hari-Kari
EmoJirachi

I just trained normally. And yes, I do the same damage of those "pure" mages that are my level.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:50 am
EmoJirachi
Hari-Kari
EmoJirachi

I just trained normally. And yes, I do the same damage of those "pure" mages that are my level.

lol i really dont think you do the same damage unless you have godly equips. They need to start over, that is there best chance.  

Starpony

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff