Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Death of Hope (poem i guess) (PG)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trui2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:00 am
THE DEATH OF HOPE
43) A voiceless sigh whispered softly on the lonely days.
Few are the number of words that could comfort me, and here there is no one to hold me.
Struggling to keep it together, I hear it pretty as you please.
I can hear the death of hope, its sad and lonely sigh pierces my heart.
In all of this world or all of this life, I have known only two truly good things.
I fear the sun is going down on one of them, the sun is going down on this one forever.
The hollow and eternal night that follows is cold and filled with empty thoughts, my dying dreams, like the stars make no sounds as they pass on from me.
I am supposed to be strong, I am supposed to be able to survive this, the dying of hope and dreams.
Mostly I feel weak and alone as all I have ever needed passes away into another cycle and the ashes of my own mortality fill my nose.
An entire lifetime spent loving just one woman and for this dedication, for this loyalty I am repaid in bitter half smiles that do nothing to comfort the cracks forming inside of me.
The old stink of madness permeates the air all around the place where hopehas just expired.
With the sun gone the darkness looms before me with monstrous intentions.
I must find away to lift my blades again, though my arms are now weakened from the long days of fighting.
My moral is broken as I take the latest blow from a most unsuspected source.
What comes to me now the is the voice of my father and his fathers before him, telling me though hope has been lost and many of my dreams have been destroyed, I must not give in even though the tears still sting my face.
I must stand and fight.
The voice of my lover and soul mate telling me I will never be forgotten as she turns and walks away, as though it would comfort the sadness threatening me from within.
If I had any friends I am sure they would say things similar to this, but in the life long fight for my dreams they have also betrayed me and been left behind.
So perhaps you can see my predicament, I am a solider of the
consumers .
I have fought many long and hard years against the growing tides of darkness, only to have all the things and people I have been fighting for, taken from me just when the fighting seemed to be at an end.
To have my hopes crushed and my dreams lost by those closest to me, my oldfriends have all died along the way, soldiers in a war of madness.
So here I stand, my soul bruised and my spirits broken, all that I have fought for taken from me again.
I am running out of hope and I have few things left to dream of.
No one stands along side of me and my arm is to tired to lift my sword any longer.
My tears are blinding me.
Still my fathers ask that I carry on, still the voice of my soul mate ask that I never give in.
I have seen the sunset on the things that I love, I fear it may have set on this one forever  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:43 am
This piece is very poetic- although I don't think it would be considered a poem. Hmmm... I shall think on what to call it and get back to you.

Very nice job, and great debut to the Creative subforum!  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 pm
That is so sad and so beautiful! I like the way it starts out sort of painting a mood with words and then specifically tells part of the story but we are still left wondering what the second death of hope is (or did I just miss it? redface ) I think you really nailed the feeling of betrayal and other stuff of being on the short end of the one-sided ending of a long relationship and how hard it s to keep going or to ever believe that you will. I hope you will post more of your writing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:51 am
thank you  

trui2

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:12 am
I've got it! We could call it a short poetic literary piece! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:04 pm
That was really powerful! I read your other poem and loved it, but this one is IMPRESSIVE compared to that one (not to diss your other one)! You are great! sweatdrop redface  

NarutoAvatarHp

Thranduil_of_Greenwood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:03 am
Lhia_Dunwaith

It's a poem. It meets all the requirements.
You are probably just confused by the way he spaced it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:50 am
Thranduil_of_Greenwood
Lhia_Dunwaith

It's a poem. It meets all the requirements.
You are probably just confused by the way he spaced it.

Prolly, yeah. sweatdrop  

Lhia Dunwaith

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:40 pm
i would call it a soliloquy, like Hamlet.

it reminds me of Arjuna's anguished thoughts in the Bhagavad Gita.

and that is timeless literature.  
dead threads - do not post

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff