Reply Creative Center [Share your skills with us!]
Project: The Blessing of the Needy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Omniscient D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:19 pm
(Note: This is open discussion. I have a feeling if some help, we will reach this goal)

For 3 years, I have been deprived of a challenging game. Twilight Princess. Dawn of Sorrow. Tales of Symphonia. All these games have presented no challenge to me.

This has caused me to begin my own project, and I ask upon this guild to assist me.

I have come up with an idea. A game. So hardcore, so brutally difficult, but it implores people to continue playing it. A long, epic game, with a good balance of cut scenes, puzzles, searching, and fighting. A game that will save the gaming world from the abyss of lame games.

So...any ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:42 am
Hmmmm..... A story as long as Okami, maybe longer.
Puzzles... logical puzzles such as the ones in the Forest Temple.
Brutally difficult? Well, it depends on who it's tailored for. I would make a point to increase the difficulty as the player gets further through the game.
Fighting? I would say something along the difficulty lines of Metroid Prime: Corruption.

This is extremely promising. I can't wait until I get a chance to work for Nintendo.  

Zapatorf
Crew

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:20 am
I honestly don't think Nintendo's going to produce games of the difficulty of what we like to call 'hardcore', anytime soon. They've made it pretty clear that everything they'll be making in the near future has to be "accessible."

Read: even a nearly braindead is going to be able to finish the game.

If you want hard stuff, you're better off looking for other Japanese developers that have been around for a while, like Konami or Capcom.

I'm in the middle of playing Mega Man Zero 2 for GBA now, and ROAR is it hard. -___- This reminds me that I should get my hands on Ikaruga sometime, too...

I have only one demand for a brutally difficult game. When I die, it has to be my fault.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:06 am
I feel your pain...
Games like Super Mario Brothers abd Kid Icarus where when you die you do the whole level over again are so much harder that recent games.
I mean seriously, Gears of War? Me and my sister beat the hardest mode of Gears within 2 days. That shouldn't be right.

We're gonna have to face it...
Next-gen games are for "Gamers" and "Girl Gamers".
Gamers are obnoxious retards that button mas through any cutscene just to get back to the action.
Girl Gamers are half as obnoxious, twice as bitchy and have a massive ego.

We, the humans of the world, are just fans of games.
So, we're kinda screwed.  

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250

VictimsDown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:51 pm
it's true games don't present much of a chalenge. if u ever get to a hard spot there's always like a item that will double ur attack or somethinglike that. there needs to be a game that's extremely long and actually a good chalenge. also some good music in the games would be nice. not that da da da doot doot beep beep crap, good music like disturbed. twisted ¥¤†¤¥  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:03 pm
To be honest, I never liked the game Kid Icarus much, because I could never get past level two. And besides, it's based on memorization, enemy patterns, and luck. Not my kind of game. I want a game that makes you think, like the original 64 Mario did. And as for the gamer/girl gamer thing...

By your definition, I'd be classified as a 'Girl Gamer'
You might want to check that over. mrgreen

Graphics are a non-issue. They're a bonus thrown in at the end. I want a game where you can go through the beginning at an easy pace, then it gets harder and harder once you get used to the controls. I want a level where every fight is like a boss fight in that you have to figure out the best way to take the opponent down. I want a game that, if it has Co-op, the second player depends on the first for survival and success. I want a game that you have to think to beat, because if you just go and shoot everything, it's not much of a challenge, unless you have to pay attention to where you shoot, and it's always different. I want a forgiving game that, rather than just killing you over and over, gets you stuck until you can come up with the way to beat it!  

Zapatorf
Crew

Card Queen

Fashionable Friend

4,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:07 pm
Nuh-uh, I don't THINK so. The girl-gamer definition is just fine, if you sound like a girl-gamer... well, that sounds like yooooour problem, Sissy.

Can I just take a moment to say I hate Quantic Dream, I hate David Cage and I am going to hate Heay Rain. Hate hate hate hate hate.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:23 pm
=_=; This thread makes me feel like the scum that builds up at the bottom of a fish tank.

Personally, while I love video games and play them nearly everyday; I play games to play games and have fun, not necessarily to beat them. The truth is that I suck horribly at most games and I don't think I've ever beaten a game that any of you would consider challenging. in fact, I think the hardest game I beat would be either Rayman 2 or Super Mario 64.

Anyways, the kind of game you all are describing sounds fun, but I probably would never do very well with such a game. sweatdrop

*sits in the corner of gaming shame*

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:10 am
Green-Green79
=_=; This thread makes me feel like the scum that builds up at the bottom of a fish tank.

Personally, while I love video games and play them nearly everyday; I play games to play games and have fun, not necessarily to beat them. The truth is that I suck horribly at most games and I don't think I've ever beaten a game that any of you would consider challenging. in fact, I think the hardest game I beat would be either Rayman 2 or Super Mario 64.

Anyways, the kind of game you all are describing sounds fun, but I probably would never do very well with such a game. sweatdrop

*sits in the corner of gaming shame*

I know this thread is,like,dead,but I'm the same as you Greeny.(Actually a bit worse.) 3nodding
I've never beaten Super Mario 64,I used an online walkthrough to help me through Ocarina of Time(though,in my defense,no-one can get through the Water Temple without using a walkthrough),it took me forever to finish Twilight Princess,and I still haven't beaten Phantom Hourglass.
I absolutely LOVE video games,but I'm not the best at them.

On the debate of Nintendo's extremely shitty "Hardcore" games,they are actually DAMN easy.I beat Super Mario Galaxy on my own,as I did with Metroid Prime:Corruption and Mario Kart Wii.
The LoZ games are,in my opinion,the only hardcore games that have survived Nintendo's crappy new style of shite. 3nodding  
Creative Center [Share your skills with us!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games