Reply Rude Discussion
is it just me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Justisemo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:50 pm
or is ska music hard to play? I can play it on bass but takes more time than other songs, its like an achievement . So i've been using that as a bragging right. If someone says i suck at bass all i gotta say is can u play ska and 1 of 2 answers comes out

1) wats ska....which follows quickly with a punch to his face for not knowing wat ska is
2) or no i cant its to hard...then i laugh at him and say i can  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 am
Well skas built off of bass and drums the guitar parts are usualy really easy. Now when you say you can play ska do you mean songs by other bands or can you write an actual ska bass line that other ska musicains complement? If your just looking up tabs and bragging that you can play those I'm not very impressed.

Besides all that there is much harder bass out there I know some funk that is a lot trickier than ska how good are you at slap?

Why would you punch some one in the face for not knowing what ska is. I always thought ska was about unity. You should share ska with people not beat them, if you want to do that listen to hard core and move to bosstone just becare of who you hit.  

Kingshortpants

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:23 pm
Kingshortpants
Well skas built off of bass and drums the guitar parts are usualy really easy. Now when you say you can play ska do you mean songs by other bands or can you write an actual ska bass line that other ska musicains complement? If your just looking up tabs and bragging that you can play those I'm not very impressed.

Besides all that there is much harder bass out there I know some funk that is a lot trickier than ska how good are you at slap?

Why would you punch some one in the face for not knowing what ska is. I always thought ska was about unity. You should share ska with people not beat them, if you want to do that listen to hard core and move to bosstone just becare of who you hit.

OWNED.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:40 pm
Melomaniacal
Kingshortpants

OWNED.

agreed.

anyways. writing out ska basslines is not hard if you know your scales. it depends on your style really. I mean its not just punk bass where its the same note 2094823094 times, so sure it takes skill. not hard though. also, it depends on the bass player, because plenty of ska bands have very simple bass. like listen to ednas goldfish, eventually anyways is pretty much a punk bass line. then listen to rancid, sure ska influence, but point is they're not simple punk lines. it depends on the skill of the bassist.

or in my bands case, how much I can torture our bass player by making overly hard basslines for no reason.  

Guns of Navarone

Justisemo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:38 pm
welll the punching part was a joke im to peaceful to hit someone. as for the playing part ive written a few songs and ive learned to played the rest from already made up ones.  
Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games